Looks like BRP's leaving us out of this one

ARE YOU UPSET WITH BRP DECISION TO HELP ALL PROVINCES BUT ALBERTA & BC?

• I COMPLAINED TO BRP VIA PHONE, MAIL OR E-MAIL

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • I COMPLAINED TO A BRP DEALER

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I COMPLAINED TO MY CLUB

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I'M DISAPPOINTED, BUT NOT COMPLAINING

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • NOT A CLUB MEMBER OR BRP ENTHUSIAST

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • NOT A CLUB MEMBER, DON'T CARE

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I SUPPORT BRP'S DECISION

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like best participating club from every region except B.C and Alberta get a free sled to help raise funds.....nice

"Valcourt, Québec, July 28, 2008 – As part of its 50 year-celebration, BRP and its Ski-Doo® dealers will donate up to $1 million dollars to Canadian snowmobile clubs for snowmobile trails through the Ski-Doo Million Dollar Club Support Program. Regardless of the brand they own, every Canadian snowmobiler will be able to participate in this fundraising program.

For each snowmobiler submitting a certificate at their Ski-Doo dealership, BRP will donate $10 to their snowmobile club through the program. Program certificates will be available in all Canadian snowmobile magazines, at fall snowmobile shows, and on ski-doo.com. An advertising, public relations and direct mailing campaign will also be launched to reach every Canadian snowmobiler.

“Launching a grassroots funding campaign to benefit clubs is a natural fit with our 50th anniversary celebration because Ski-Doo was right there at the beginning to help establish the very first organized snowmobile trails in Canada,” said Alain Villemure, vice-president and general manager of the Ski-Doo / Sea-Doo division. “We've always recognized and appreciated the hard work our clubs and volunteers carry out on snowmobile trails — and how important those trails are for the safety of the sport.”

The top club in each of the following regions: Quebec, Ontario, Atlantic Provinces (New-Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador), Saskatchewan, and Manitoba will receive a limited 50th anniversary edition of a 2009 Ski-Doo MX Z snowmobile to use for additional fundraising activities. There will also be parts, accessory and clothing incentives for clubs that reach 75% or more participation from their membership.

Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. (BRP), a privately-held company, is a world leader in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and marketing of motorized recreational vehicles. Its portfolio of brands and products includes: Ski-Doo® and Lynx™ snowmobiles, Sea-Doo® watercraft and sport boats, Evinrude® and Johnson® outboard engines, Can-Am™ all-terrain vehicles and roadsters, Rotax® engines and karts as well as direct injection technologies such as E-TEC®."

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like best participating club from every region except B.C and Alberta get a free sled to help raise funds.....nice

"Valcourt, Québec, July 28, 2008 – As part of its 50 year-celebration, BRP and its Ski-Doo® dealers will donate up to $1 million dollars to Canadian snowmobile clubs for snowmobile trails through the Ski-Doo Million Dollar Club Support Program. Regardless of the brand they own, every Canadian snowmobiler will be able to participate in this fundraising program.

For each snowmobiler submitting a certificate at their Ski-Doo dealership, BRP will donate $10 to their snowmobile club through the program. Program certificates will be available in all Canadian snowmobile magazines, at fall snowmobile shows, and on ski-doo.com. An advertising, public relations and direct mailing campaign will also be launched to reach every Canadian snowmobiler.

“Launching a grassroots funding campaign to benefit clubs is a natural fit with our 50th anniversary celebration because Ski-Doo was right there at the beginning to help establish the very first organized snowmobile trails in Canada,” said Alain Villemure, vice-president and general manager of the Ski-Doo / Sea-Doo division. “We've always recognized and appreciated the hard work our clubs and volunteers carry out on snowmobile trails — and how important those trails are for the safety of the sport.”

The top club in each of the following regions: Quebec, Ontario, Atlantic Provinces (New-Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador), Saskatchewan, and Manitoba will receive a limited 50th anniversary edition of a 2009 Ski-Doo MX Z snowmobile to use for additional fundraising activities. There will also be parts, accessory and clothing incentives for clubs that reach 75% or more participation from their membership.

Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. (BRP), a privately-held company, is a world leader in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and marketing of motorized recreational vehicles. Its portfolio of brands and products includes: Ski-Doo® and Lynx™ snowmobiles, Sea-Doo® watercraft and sport boats, Evinrude® and Johnson® outboard engines, Can-Am™ all-terrain vehicles and roadsters, Rotax® engines and karts as well as direct injection technologies such as E-TEC®."

I thought that you must have made a mistake in you post because I couldn't see how BRP could leave us out of such a program..............unfortunately, I confirmed on the BRP site that you are correct. I have to say that I can't understand why they would exclude Alberta and BC from that program. What a FARCE!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sent a note to Louise at the ASA and some BRP dude to see if anyone knows why.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If this is true and not a mistake, they may have pushed my new sled purchase away from them for sure. Was on the fence but, this will put me over the fence and not to their side. I will be talking to BRP on Tues. to find out the story behind this.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledderglen - still happy you bought yours in Canada????? What a joke - this is one company that needs an education in looking after customers. You can't tell me that Manitoba sells more skidoos than Alberta and BC???? What a slap in the face for all Alberta and BC clubs.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Who does brp think buys majority of the SUMMIT sleds.. Sure aint the flatlanders... That is a joke first last winter they try and deny that the driveshafts were an issue, noww that there has been a couple of people injured due the shafts breaking now there is a recall.. And then after all that they EXCLUDE BC and AB that is just flat out dumb.. Thats kinda like slappin all the doo riders in the face, sayin we aren't worth bein part of there program..

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Typical mind set from a company with the reputation of Skidont.......They assume because of their volumne of sales in B.C. and Alta, there is no need to promote or show gratitude.
This issue is DEEP Rooted and it's not just a Sled issue but a Provincial and Cultural issue.History has proven itself with other companies.
Hey SKIDONT stay the Fugg outta our MTNS. next time your here to have one of your Propaganda Sled Events.
P.S. Heard a rumour all the warranty drive shafts for BC & Alta are WOOD.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess they just feel sorry for the "Have Not" provinces and want to even things up. I hope they remember us when we run out of Oil, NG and Wood!

What a bitter taste this leaves for The West!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summiteer, I would try contacting Pat or the new executive director. I don't think Louise has too much involvement anymore.
She's training the new guy until Dec. it's something we will need to bring up at the fall meeting perhaps........

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a good reason to Boycott their products.... Which could eventually lead to them lowering their ridiculous pricing.

GODEEP

Reaction score
Whats AC, Pol or Yammi doing for everyone? Yeah it sucks and all, but think about that. Definitly ignorant though.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats AC, Pol or Yammi doing for everyone? Yeah it sucks and all, but think about that. Definitly ignorant though.

It's not the point of what other manuf's are doing.. IT's the fact that it's BRP's 50th and that they are doing a bunch of stuff for the other provinces and leaving out the west.. It's just like politics the west supports the east and doesn't get anything back.. Now Brp out of the east donates a bunch of money to all provinces except the ones in the west.. We get screwed once again..

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now I can giggle even more when you do guys dive me a hard time about riding a cat.That is unbelievable,how do they justify there stupidity!
Arctic Cat Baby!
catmando!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could have used one of those sleds for the club. Instead of using mine use the one from them, but that is not going to happen.

GODEEP

Reaction score
It's not the point of what other manuf's are doing.. IT's the fact that it's BRP's 50th and that they are doing a bunch of stuff for the other provinces and leaving out the west.. It's just like politics the west supports the east and doesn't get anything back.. Now Brp out of the east donates a bunch of money to all provinces except the ones in the west.. We get screwed once again..

I get the point. Im not trying to make a bad guy out of you. Im just saying that they are doing something, maybe not enough and definitly ignorant about it.

Sounds like there is alot of animosity between the east and the west up there.:eek:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get the point. Im not trying to make a bad guy out of you. Im just saying that they are doing something, maybe not enough and definitly ignorant about it.

Sounds like there is alot of animosity between the east and the west up there.:eek:
Yeah, there are lots of people that forget that Alberta spent from the beginning of confederation until the late sixties as a have-not province, supported by the East. :d:d And when any outfit out of the east screws us (or appears to screw us), it's because they're eastern, not because they are typical greedy big business........ :smiliestirthepot::smiliestirthepot:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yaah ignorant is right.................Check and SEE what Yamaha has done for sledding.
Ask the Revy club
Ask the enviroment.

Top Bottom