Looks like a 2012 Pro for me...

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously looks like I'll be picking up a 2012 Pro 800 163" either Fri or Sat. Too good of a deal to pass up. It's the metallic orange side panel edition with a black hood.

It is completely stock with a few bolt on goodies such as storage etc. It has 1400 miles with a new complete long block installed at 400 miles.

What's the best sounding can for these?

Do I need to change clutch springs or weights?

Anything else I should change to improve my riding experience? I heard the seat is hard etc.

I'd like to order a wrap for the tank, tunnel and hood only. Where do I look?

I am a novice rider. I have experience and love to play in the bowls and climb. Trees are ok as long as they aren't too tight. Chutes are not my thing.

Thanks in advance. I've searched and still am but it's pretty much a done deal and I couldn't wait until this weekend to tell someone. Lol.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say ride it as is... first year and then see what you think for mods.

Stock clutching works great, just go by what your manual says for weights. Seat is hard but you'll spend little time on it..

Cans I just got the GGB mountain can, it is loud but they make a trail one if you like a little less noise. (much better priced than what else is out there for a noise maker)

andus

Reaction score
and Arctic FX Graphics have awesome selections of wraps for the Pro. There's a few other places to get wraps too but those 2 are my preferences.
I put an SLP blue/pink clutch spring in my Pro and it made a noticeable difference for throttle response. The HPS can is expensive but works really well with these sleds. Clutch weights depend on the elevations you'll be riding at. There's tons of threads on here and other forums on that subject.

Last edited:

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Seriously looks like I'll be picking up a 2012 Pro 800 163" either Fri or Sat. Too good of a deal to pass up. It's the metallic orange side panel edition with a black hood.

It is completely stock with a few bolt on goodies such as storage etc. It has 1400 miles with a new complete long block installed at 400 miles.

What's the best sounding can for these?

Do I need to change clutch springs or weights?

Anything else I should change to improve my riding experience? I heard the seat is hard etc.

I'd like to order a wrap for the tank, tunnel and hood only. Where do I look?

I am a novice rider. I have experience and love to play in the bowls and climb. Trees are ok as long as they aren't too tight. Chutes are not my thing.

Thanks in advance. I've searched and still am but it's pretty much a done deal and I couldn't wait until this weekend to tell someone. Lol.

Is that the one for sale in Fort Saskatewan?

I wanted to go look at the one too, but i cant sell my dragon. Thats a good buy for sure.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cans on the pro are useless. You are paying like $100 a lb loss, you are just paying for noise and power loss.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No this one is my buddy's. he wants to buy a new house and needs a little more cash. It's not the one in the Fort.

I wanted a can strictly for more noise.

Really? Power loss... how much? Doesn't that suitcase weigh a ton?

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your looking for a can, I will have a MBRP for sale in the summer as im doing a modified SLP stage 3 system and some extras in mine.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No this one is my buddy's. he wants to buy a new house and needs a little more cash. It's not the one in the Fort.

I wanted a can strictly for more noise.

Really? Power loss... how much? Doesn't that suitcase weigh a ton?

They normally do but the special hydro formed polaris one is quite light.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My "other ride" is approved? Lol. I probably spend more time on that than I will this.

I hope to put a few miles on this one before the snow is gone.

Eagle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get an HPS can. Sounds great. No cluthing needed. Replace stock primary spring to SLP, stock ones break. Install Brandt boards they rock. Upgrade shocks. My two cents. Chris at parkland motorsports will have everything you need. The sled rocks. just about forgot muffpot....

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the sled. I love mine. Change the boards, upgrade the seat to the shorter one (13-14) and ride it.
I'm looking at the thing can but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Enjoy

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Either SLP blue/pink primary spring or team lime green spring. I have the team lime green spring on my assault and love it, along with a jaws can. Also install scratchers if not already installed.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

It has an aftermarket front bumper, scratchers (reversible), and extra bogey's.

He put them on because the dealer said the sleds are hard on sliders. Is this true? I think the extra wheels look stupid. Lol.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

It has an aftermarket front bumper, scratchers (reversible), and extra bogey's.

He put them on because the dealer said the sleds are hard on sliders. Is this true? I think the extra wheels look stupid. Lol.

I would say the scratchers are more important to keep the engine temp down on the trail.. I have 600+miles on the original sliders and they are still like new

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey... Is 250.00 a good price for Burandt running boards? A place has one set left and said I could have them for that.

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey... Is 250.00 a good price for Burandt running boards? A place has one set left and said I could have them for that.

Well I paid 300 for mine so it's a better deal than I got lol.. I would say snatch it up

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom