Looking to update my ride.

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
07-09 cat 800 not enough power don't waste money on silly idea get an H.O. Cat if you have a good dealer nearby. I got 7300km on a stock 2010 summit 800 of hard abuse worked excellent for me. That being said my 08 xp only made it to 2200km till the whole mill piled up. Save a little longer dude.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stick with the wedge!!!08 probably the last XP you would want to buy and well cat is like the old zx chassis.

PBNFLD

Reaction score
The 2008 XP 800's were hit or miss. You could really end up with trouble. I still say DOO over the cat, but I would step up to at least a 2010.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
again I find myself ashamed to own a cat.....

Aparently a bullet proof 800 is not all it's cracked up to be....

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking 08 Ski-Doo 800 163 or 09 Cat 800 162?

You'll want to learn how to ride first and get used to how these things like "Fuel Injection" and "Suspension" work. Having suspension makes a world of difference to your riding style, so go slow and get used to the feel of it at first. Don't feel bad if you aren't the fastest guy on the mountain your first day, it will come with time.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No kidding - just look at how stiffly sprung the wedgie is - even with this load, the ride height didn't change at all!

LHF douchemobile.jpg lhf20wedgefatgirl.jpg

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's fairly common for older fellers to step away from the Super Mod sleds and get back to something tuned down. Word of caution though Kevin. These sleds with this new fangled rider forward crap and venting, you run the risk of getting your mullet caught in the clutches. Maybe wear a hair net bud & good luck with on your phishing trip !

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you should go with a 09 Summit X Hillclimb. If you look in the classified section you will find one there! Lol

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll want to learn how to ride first and get used to how these things like "Fuel Injection" and "Suspension" work. Having suspension makes a world of difference to your riding style, so go slow and get used to the feel of it at first. Don't feel bad if you aren't the fastest guy on the mountain your first day, it will come with time.

If there ever is a day when a stock sled out does the wedge in the steep and deep the FIRST thing I would do is pull out the rear skid and sell it to some Yamaha owner.

Top Bottom