Looking to tag along

LINZ

Reaction score
I know it is the last minute but I am looking to hook up with someone for some riding in the McBride ares this week-end. I have only ridden in the mountains for 4 days. One each at Allen and Clemina and 2 days at Renshaw. I don't know very much but I am trying to learn.

I had an '08 Renegade w/ 6.9 pilot skis and a 1.75" track that I used on these previous occasions but I have just picked up a low milage '10 154" Summit X. Basically, I am not looking for anything extreme or high risk but would just like to get in some riding and accustomize myself with this sled.

What do you think the odds of hooking up with a group would be if I just drove out and sat in one of the parking lots? Whick would be better, Renshaw, Lucielle or Bell? I have a 2 place flat deck trailer but if I just hauled the sled in my truck would there be somewhere to unload/load as I do not have a ramp?

Thanks

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are ramps in all three parking lots but the Renshaw is a drive down the trail for about 1 km to hit snow, the other 2 there is snow at the edge of the parking lots. Pretty sure you will be able to hook-up with someone this weekend, the 4 guys here will be riding and 3 of them are not into anything extreme( they are liking the flat parts of the valley floors). bit of a joke around here at night, good for a bunch of laughs at their stories.
Should not be doing anything extreme on the big hills anyways, almost made it through the season with no avy problems.

LINZ

Reaction score
Thanks. My brother-in-law is going to come with me so I'll take the trailer. We are both unfamiliar with the area so we will try and hook-up with another group in the parking area. What location are you guys riding at? Where would the best place be to find the most safe areas at this time? Should be in McBride around 11:00am AB time.

Thanks again,
Linz

Top Bottom