Looking for Wheels in AB!! HElp?

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeing if you guys can help me out, have been working with my tire shop for the past month trying to locate a set of 20x9, 8x180 wheels. My new 2015.5 Chev Custom Sport 3500HD SRW is expected to arrive by next weekend and was hoping to have wheels.

Sounds like a lot of their suppliers and even one they typically don't use don't have much stock if any 8x180 bolt pattern wheels. Even talking directly with manufactures, same story.

Some of the wheels I have been looking at include but not limited too, BMF novakanes and REPR, ULTRA105 Extreme II, LRG Spit 104s, XD20 Grenades, XD818 Hiest, Dropstar 646B, Fuel Assualts and Octanes

Does any one know of anywhere between Edmonton and Calgary that may be stocking 8x180 bolt pattern 20x9 wheels?

Thanks!

Mike

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They've had that bolt pattern for five years now, don't know why there shouldn't be a good selection available. Why do you want 20's anyway? You prefer a harsher ride, limited tire choices and paying too much for what there is?

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Google, KX Wheels, they are out of Surrey BC. Can get you pretty much any wheel/tire combination you want. Yes, the 8 X 180 is still limited as compared to other 8 bolt patterns. I have bought 4 complete sets from them no problems, they ship to your door mounted, balanced, tps, lug nuts, you name it. Reasonably priced too.

Last edited:

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on KXWheels. Their prices are damn good and they will deal with you if you find a lower price somewhere else. They're also quite knowledgeable on offsets and fitment and have quick shipping to your door.

Have to laugh at the guys who criticize running 20’s or an oversized wheel.If you factor in the price of rubber over the tread life of the tire, it’s not that much more expensive. If the price is that much of a factor in your decision on a $50k plus truck, you may have purchased the wrong truck for your budget.

And 20’s don’t ride that much more harsh over 18’s unless you have a large amount of sidewall on the 18’s or super low pros on the 20’s.Unless you’re constantly hitting potholes and sharp edges in the road you wouldn’t be able to tell what you’re sitting on, especially on an HD truck. And you’d never be able to tell on the highway.

I’m with the OP, I can’t stand a stock truck.It’s a hobby not unlike sledding where performance and appearance mods are something fun to do.Enjoy your rig buddy and post pics when you get the rims/rubber.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
X2 on KXWheels. Their prices are damn good and they will deal with you if you find a lower price somewhere else. They're also quite knowledgeable on offsets and fitment and have quick shipping to your door.

Have to laugh at the guys who criticize running 20’s or an oversized wheel.If you factor in the price of rubber over the tread life of the tire, it’s not that much more expensive. If the price is that much of a factor in your decision on a $50k plus truck, you may have purchased the wrong truck for your budget.

And 20’s don’t ride that much more harsh over 18’s unless you have a large amount of sidewall on the 18’s or super low pros on the 20’s.Unless you’re constantly hitting potholes and sharp edges in the road you wouldn’t be able to tell what you’re sitting on, especially on an HD truck. And you’d never be able to tell on the highway.

I’m with the OP, I can’t stand a stock truck.It’s a hobby not unlike sledding where performance and appearance mods are something fun to do.Enjoy your rig buddy and post pics when you get the rims/rubber.

Ive never dealt with KX, so can't comment on that part, but I'm 150% in agreement on everything else you've said here. If 20's are such a "harsh" ride then why do 75% of trucks come with them from stock nowadays?

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kk. Now I know. But just saying... black, chrome, polished or coloured.... who gives a f$*@. Never got the white Oakley thing. A douch bag is a douch bag white glasses/black rims or not.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not being a jerk to captain. I am friends with him. And if you know him all his cars, trucks, sleds, sled trailer, is white and black. Just look at his truck in the add it's white and black. I have no problem with black rims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No judgment here!... just hear the stereo types all the time and it gets a little old. Love to see pics of the truck when done!

Top Bottom