Looking for somebody with pictures of there house siding??

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am in the process of building a house and trying to figure out what color siding to go with?? Wife and I like the dark gray color siding but not sure to go with black trim but stay with white front door, windows and garage doors or go with all white trim?? We like the Windswept smoke color in the sequoia select siding brand. So anybody have the windswept smoke color siding on there house or a dark grayish color? If so sent me some pics so we can get an idea of what it looks like. trevormuzechka6@msn.com THanks again guys!!!!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am in the process of building a house and trying to figure out what color siding to go with?? Wife and I like the dark gray color siding but not sure to go with black trim but stay with white front door, windows and garage doors or go with all white trim?? We like the Windswept smoke color in the sequoia select siding brand. So anybody have the windswept smoke color siding on there house or a dark grayish color? If so sent me some pics so we can get an idea of what it looks like. trevormuzechka6@msn.com THanks again guys!!!!

Ive seen the dark grey with black shingles, black windows and black doors and i have to say the look will look dated in a could years.

Grey with dark rock black trim white windows and doors gives it a bit better look from the street and stands out.

Heres my old house, looks brown but it was grey. Black trim, white windows and doors. Dark rock.
esejaquv.jpg

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya me and the wife like the black trim look. I think I am going windswept smoke siding with Pebble board and batten on my peaks, black trim with white windows and doors/garage doors. I will have the rock also like yours in the picture on garage and by front entry. I think this will look very nice.

Skyhigh

Reaction score
Seriously consider upgrading to hardie board siding. The way insurance premiums are going up, and the how the hail storms are more frequent now, you will be glad you did.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm building a house right now and am going with a dark grey and black trim to match my shop. I chose blk shingles and black garage doors. Window trim and doors are white. It is getting sided as I type this and cannot wait to see it.

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm building a house right now and am going with a dark grey and black trim to match my shop. I chose blk shingles and black garage doors. Window trim and doors are white. It is getting sided as I type this and cannot wait to see it.

Can you send me a pic of it when it is sided please. I was thinking of going with a pebble color garage door to make the middle peak that is Pebble shakers. Was also thinking of matching the garage doors with the front door as well. Just not sure??

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya you bet....I'm in Cabo right now and the sider assured me it would be completed when I get back. Very excited to see it. What stage is you're house at? I have my furnace in and most of the wiring done, the plumber should be there right now as well....need to insulate it so I can turn the heater on when I return.....building a house is tough I tell you...so many choices!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I don't like the white garage doors but I know the dilemma and the problems of painting them from the other thread you posted.

Just a thought, can you install a 9' wide door on the right hand side or are you too far advanced for that? It will be good for toys, etc..

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't like the white garage doors but I know the dilemma and the problems of painting them from the other thread you posted.

Just a thought, can you install a 9' wide door on the right hand side or are you too far advanced for that? It will be good for toys, etc..

Ya my doors are 8ft high by 9ft wide already. I am just starting they just started digging the basement week ago. Yes i dont really like white doors also i really like black but there is lots of issues with painting them that i am not sure if i want get into??

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ya my doors are 8ft high by 9ft wide already. I am just starting they just started digging the basement week ago. Yes i dont really like white doors also i really like black but there is lots of issues with painting them that i am not sure if i want get into??

You will like the 9' wide. Good choice....:d

mick

Reaction score
Seriously consider upgrading to hardie board siding. The way insurance premiums are going up, and the how the hail storms are more frequent now, you will be glad you did.
Best thing you can do, vinyl siding is garbage

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There's no issues at all painting garage doors, just has to be done right. These are painted hardie board doors painted to match stucco and soffit colour. Still look like new.

Sent from my iPad using

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a couple more different color combos I did. Changed the shingles to dark gray on all. Changed garage doors to a Pebble to match shakers. Then tried a wood looking garage door match front door?? Just not sure

Attachments

• house 4.jpg
    house 4.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 217
  • house 6.jpg
    house 6.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 129
  • house 3.jpg
    house 3.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 131

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW who would of thought trying to pick a color scheme for new house would be some hard LOL. I am getting nose bleeds from thinking so much:noidea:

Top Bottom