looking for some 2' + sonw to ride in alberta?

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 foot drifts in my back yard but unless you want circle track my 20x20 back yard it will be hard to find really good snow just yet

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
We'll be pushing powder out by wabamun tomorrow.... maybe not 2'+ but it will scratch the itch without having to drive 4.5 hours....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We'll be pushing powder out by wabamun tomorrow.... maybe not 2'+ but it will scratch the itch without having to drive 4.5 hours....

Yes, that driving is way over rated! 10 minutes to our staging area and the staging area might be 30 km from the border as the crow flies. My itch has definitely been scratched and I will be Ian's favorite place for a couple days so the pow is all yours!

BTW, from Edmonton, one is looking at maybe 5 1/2 hours of driving. But we are close to the border!

IMG_0515.jpg IMG_0523.jpg

drift_devil69

Reaction score
Yes, that driving is way over rated! 10 minutes to our staging area and the staging area might be 30 km from the border as the crow flies. My itch has definitely been scratched and I will be Ian's favorite place for a couple days so the pow is all yours!

BTW, from Edmonton, one is looking at maybe 5 1/2 hours of driving. But we are close to the border!

View attachment 179054 View attachment 179055

tks man really nice place i might go on next days off

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Castle Mountain. I guaranty that there is 2'+ there (fresh pow) 80cm base. The down side is that it is -23 C. And well still 5+ hours from Edmonton.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Castle area got lots. Spent 3 hours on the loader yesterday clearing snow out of yard. Moved a couple of sleds around and was hitting the ground and spitting gravel. Not much set up base down low.
Castle reports 80cm base but it is a lot less. They bs a lot.

Last edited:

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
were you sitting on the keyboard??

HAHA.... ive got about 2' in a 10 Acre meadow behind the house down winterburn area there is a fair amount of snow enough to lay her on the side and give er for a short rip.. im really wanting to go out and explore if anyone is up for it?????

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Castle area got lots. Spent 3 hours on the loader yesterday clearing snow out of yard. Moved a couple of sleds around and was hitting the ground and spitting gravel. Not much set up base down low.
Castle reports 80cm base but it is a lot less. They bs a lot.

I probed anywhere from 65-80 cm yesterday on the AB after riding Fernie all day. Managed another 3ish hours of riding in an undisclosed location that had all the snow Castle reported and then some.

So Castle may report BS, and you can take what I have to say with a grain of salt because apparently I report BS as well on this site.

Two quick pics from the AB side yesterday.

Combing back out after dark.

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definitely has to set up a bit to make it for better riding... the NEXT big storm will better

drift_devil69

Reaction score
HAHA.... ive got about 2' in a 10 Acre meadow behind the house down winterburn area there is a fair amount of snow enough to lay her on the side and give er for a short rip.. im really wanting to go out and explore if anyone is up for it?????

i would like to

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I probed anywhere from 65-80 cm yesterday on the AB after riding Fernie all day. Managed another 3ish hours of riding in an undisclosed location that had all the snow Castle reported and then some.

So Castle may report BS, and you can take what I have to say with a grain of salt because apparently I report BS as well on this site.

Two quick pics from the AB side yesterday.

[URL]http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz43/shreddinpow/sledding%20pics/SAM_0655.jpg[/URL]

Combing back out after dark.

[URL]http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz43/shreddinpow/sledding%20pics/SAM_0658.jpg[/URL]

I wasn't referencing your report when mentioning Castle Ski Hill likes to stretch the truth on snow reports. Just a comment for others to take that into consideration when looking at their reports. I was clearing snow there on Saturday and your undisclosed location photos are not from there.

Have a nice winter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom