Looking for snow in Mid April

kanders

Reaction score
I have some friends coming up from the states on April 16 and I'm wondering if there is still good snow in crows Nast Pass area at that time. They have never been mountain sledding and I'm not an expert either . If anyone else has suggestions for some good mountain trail riding with enough snow in mid April I would appreciate any suggestions.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well last year I rode fathers day (June 20) up blue lake in Sicamous......It was so sunny and t-shirt weather......also did some water crossing accross blue lake and cummins lake....best spring riding!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
For the last 10 years, we have taken our last ride on Mother's Day. This year, we have had the best/most snow in the last 10 years.

The hard part of spring riding is always getting to the snow line. It is time for decks and 4x4's. If you got the equipment you should not have any problems.

kanders

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, since we are on a tight timeline we have to stay within 6 hours of Edmonton.

Reaction score
We should have another dump of snow soon to take us over the 4 m snow base at the hill. Who knows what the conditions are going to be like but i can guarantee you a fantastic sled in sled out lodge on the trail. Depending on snow obviously but sledders are loving it here as you can see from some reviews on this site. We have sledder rates of $100 per night per room. Or you can rent the entire lodge (5 bed) 10 people, for $500 a night plus HST. Look us up Blackstone Lodge. If you need up too date riding conditions get in contact with Gear Hub in Fernie, these guys are the closest to the Trail Head and they are the guys to talk to about where and when to go as they are sledders themselves and they rent/fix and sell sleds if you need anything.

look forward to hearing from you in the future

ian

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually go ridin may long weekend and also guys go up ridin around mcbride into june. Last year if i remember right the groomer was running here last year till the 6 or 7th of april and i think it ran till the 15th of april the year before that.

kanders

Reaction score
We should have another dump of snow soon to take us over the 4 m snow base at the hill. Who knows what the conditions are going to be like but i can guarantee you a fantastic sled in sled out lodge on the trail. Depending on snow obviously but sledders are loving it here as you can see from some reviews on this site. We have sledder rates of $100 per night per room. Or you can rent the entire lodge (5 bed) 10 people, for $500 a night plus HST. Look us up Blackstone Lodge. If you need up too date riding conditions get in contact with Gear Hub in Fernie, these guys are the closest to the Trail Head and they are the guys to talk to about where and when to go as they are sledders themselves and they rent/fix and sell sleds if you need anything.

look forward to hearing from you in the future

ian

Thanks Ian, I'll check it out

kanders

Reaction score
Usually go ridin may long weekend and also guys go up ridin around mcbride into june. Last year if i remember right the groomer was running here last year till the 6 or 7th of april and i think it ran till the 15th of april the year before that.

Hi Glen, how are things going up in Mcbride. How far of a drive is it to where you are. Are there a lot of trails? Thanks, Kev

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Glen, how are things going up in Mcbride. How far of a drive is it to where you are. Are there a lot of trails? Thanks, Kev

Things are goin awesome over here. Lots of snow. We finally got some sunny days for a change from the snowing days. I cant beleive how much it's snowed since beginning of january.

Mcbride is about 500km from edmonton. So it's about 5-5 1/2 hrs depending on roads. The trails we have here lead from the parking lots to the cabin's at alpine level. Two are about 10km long and the main area one is about 30km long. Then there is ALOT of area to ride from there.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last ride for us here was June 25 last year so I think you will bne good to go in April. might need a deck or 2 place depending on how warm it gets between now and then.

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May long last year it snowed a foot on us. It actually kinda sucked cause i wanted to drop into an area that we wait all year to hit but fresh pow was sweet for may long.

ya wehad a foot of fresh on may long as well.....last ride i think was about june 18th. definitly gets hard on the truck, but worth it for sure!!!

Top Bottom