Looking for snow around Edmonton

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Cant make it to the mountains this weekend but would still like to get out and shake off the cobwebs. Any suggestions of area that might have enough snow for a day of riding? Edson, St Paul? Willing to drive a bit. Willing to bare the cold... Thanks in advance

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
wait and see how much snow falls locally in the next few days, may be lots of riding soon.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fort Saskatchewan Trails are closed forever. Done. Just before anyone suggests them. Wait like Tyler said and see where it falls

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
obviously we're getting snow, any hints on good riding areas? worth the drive to Edson/Hinton?

Syclone74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8" where I'm working just east of edson and still coming down Can only see about two hundred m

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anywhere to ride around there? I've never been. Any locals?

Syclone74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to sure. First time back in the area in 20years. Only info I can give at this moment is its snowing like a son of a b!tch!! Some spots at the plant I'm at is already two feet deep from the wind blowing.

Alberta Beach Doo

Reaction score
There is just under a foot of fresh out by Alberta Beach with the snow still coming down. Just stay off any of the Lakes. We had a week of -20+ to tighten up the ice but I would wait till you cross any large bodies of water. Ice fisherman are a good sign it's good to ride on the lakes. There are plenty of local 2 lane highways like 633 and 627 that have large clean ditches that go foe miles just west of stony plain. Nothing but cut grass under the snow

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I disagree, the ditches west of Edmonton are chit, very little snow out this way, not worth the trip.

There is just under a foot of fresh out by Alberta Beach with the snow still coming down. Just stay off any of the Lakes. We had a week of -20+ to tighten up the ice but I would wait till you cross any large bodies of water. Ice fisherman are a good sign it's good to ride on the lakes. There are plenty of local 2 lane highways like 633 and 627 that have large clean ditches that go foe miles just west of stony plain. Nothing but cut grass under the snow

Alberta Beach Doo

Reaction score
I disagree, the ditches west of Edmonton are chit, very little snow out this way, not worth the trip.

That's kinda funny. We had 7-8 inches of snow in AB last Saturday night. I went to Wabamun all of 10 minutes away Sunday morning and they had nothing. I am in Rocky Mountain House right now and the ditches are getting tracks. Nearly a foot here today. My neighbour back home says we got 25 cm today in East Lac St Anne

Not sure what Wabamun got. I'm going tomorrow afternoon when get home . Albeit on my 1" inch 136" 700.

I doubt there is enough snow for my 163 2,5" though.
Shall see when I get there

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anywhere to ride around there? I've never been. Any locals?

Take 50 street south about 10k south of Beaumont. Saunders Lake staging area is on the right at the bottom of the valley, just past Rollyview Road.

drift_devil69

Reaction score
im going to barrhead tomorrow with couple budys apprently there couple feet of snow and 3+ feet of drift

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go past to neerlandia or vega..... 20 min north more snow/drifts. but fawk ya putting parts in sled on satderday and going for a rip!!QUOTE=drift_devil69;2040074]im going to barrhead tomorrow with couple budys apprently there couple feet of snow and 3+ feet of drift[/QUOTE]

j4grb0mb

Reaction score
it's coming down hard in St paul. lots of drifts. wish I wasn't working all weekend.

mitchmahar

Reaction score
The Trails Around Barrhead are opening this weekend most likely and i hear some people are already going to swan, if you need a trail pass or anything just let me know, i am a Wild Country Powersports in Barrhead and i sell em here.

Top Bottom