Looking for New quads

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are looking at buying either two 700 grizzlies or a 2009 outlander 800 and a 2008 outlander 650. What do you riders think the pros and cons are of each? Need lots of replies in the next couple weeks.... buying for the Sept long weekend..... We have smoking prices on both brands, but looking for more insight....

shauncsmith

Reaction score
I was thinking the same way. At first i was going to buy 2 grizzlies, but instead went with a 800 renegade x & 650 outlander. Mostly went with the can ams for the extra power and we liked the looks of them better. I have always bought yamaha products so this was a big decision, but know that we have the can ams, we couldn't be happier with them....Just my 2 cents.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Why don't you buy one of each? Tabby would appreciate the power steering in the Grizz and you would enjoy the added performance and handling of the Outty 800. IMO, BRP has far superior warranty (3 yrs) and the service I've been getting from them on mine is second to none. I know lots of people that are not happy with there extended warranty or there dealers service on their Yammi's. But then again it all mostly boils down to the dealer.

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just bought the 2 Yamaha's just before the campout and are very pleased todate on what they have been able to do for us. FTGAL loves the power steering and I enjoy the power that it has, but that is coming from a chinese 500cc to a bigbore. Very easy to work on as you all know the story on the day of carnage I challenged the new quad on after only 50km and I did not find the replacement parts for owner created problems over expensive.

stuckinthemud

Reaction score
FTguy was able to find parts on a Friday for his damaged Grizly in one day, and had it fixed in a few hours (on the campground, not in a shop). We might be looking for the new Grizzly for me as well because of the power steering, although my other half is a Honda man and likes the power steering on the Honda's. Just needs more convincing. We'll probably wait until 2009.

Attachments

• IMG_0374_1_1.jpg
    IMG_0374_1_1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0375_2_1.jpg
    IMG_0375_2_1.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 32

Bryan

Reaction score
I picked up my 09 outlander 800 2 weeks ago, just love it. They are priced right and the 3 year warranty... awsome..

Top Bottom