looking for info about sand dunes north of fort mac

husky rider

Reaction score
hi all new to sight, thought i would go try the sand dunes north of fort mac.
if you have any idea where to go to get pics and more info i would really appreciate.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Sorry,don't know much about Ft.Mac,but welcome to the site anyway!:d:d

HeavyHitter

Reaction score
Hello all new to the site but have some info on the dunes....From Fortmcmurray you would travel North 63 @1hr to the old Solvex site where you off load(Parking area) Then travel up the Fort Chip winter road. There are signs for the lakes Six lake Jackson among many others. It would be @ a 3-5 hr quad ride depending on conditions. Very beautiful there water clean.Very different scenery not at all like Fortmcmurray as you are almost in another world. I have not been there for a few years now but would like to go there again. If you do go please pack out what you bring as this is one area which I can see getting restricted due to the amount of use and sometimes abuse it recieves. As well the amount of items left behind.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
Hello all new to the site but have some info on the dunes....From Fortmcmurray you would travel North 63 @1hr to the old Solvex site where you off load(Parking area) Then travel up the Fort Chip winter road. There are signs for the lakes Six lake Jackson among many others. It would be @ a 3-5 hr quad ride depending on conditions. Very beautiful there water clean.Very different scenery not at all like Fortmcmurray as you are almost in another world. I have not been there for a few years now but would like to go there again. If you do go please pack out what you bring as this is one area which I can see getting restricted due to the amount of use and sometimes abuse it recieves. As well the amount of items left behind.

welcome to the site and thanks for the information. do you have any pictures of the area?

HeavyHitter

Reaction score
I have some pic's of the area but have to dig them out as well get them scanned and figure out how to put them on. Will check it out and see if I can get some on over the next couple of days.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi all new to sight, thought i would go try the sand dunes north of fort mac.
if you have any idea where to go to get pics and more info i would really appreciate.

husky rider, if you would like to PM me your email address, I can supply you with some information. There was a major change in the staging areas in 2009, new road put in, same as old one but now all weather, not just sand, the new staging area is another 25 Kms further North, lots of room, 2 old ones GONE.:eek:

Bruce.

Top Bottom