looking for easy riding in valemount area

Justinh1022

Reaction score
Hey I am planning a trip next weekend to valemount and have a new rider coming I am looking for places that arnt to difficult to ride I have only been to valemount once and rode celmina creek and blue river keep in mind the rider is new and on a Yamaha phazer please don't laugh lol I have tried finding maps but have been having some trouble.

thanks in advance.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to Allan creek and just stick around the cabin.

Justinh1022

Reaction score
Ok I'll try that out for the first day see how it goes should be interesting. How's the snow up there ?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't been up yet, but reports are 50cm yesterday and more in forecast all week. Going up next week

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chapell is good too. Long trails and can be rough but once you get in there is some easy riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minus the huge cliff all along the right ridge that how many guys have went over not knowing it was there ...

Justinh1022

Reaction score
Thanks everyone by what I'm hearing from everyone Allen and clemina seem like my best bet I remeber clemina (been a couple years) but it wasn't to bad at all I didnt think by the looks of some pictures she probably won't be venturing of the trail to far on her 141 phazer anyway!! Haha anyone ride one of these in the mountains? It's my youngest sisters around the lakes and trails of northern alberta it's awsome but I have my doubts for it up were we are going.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to have a 07 phazer mtx, i rode it plenty in the mountains, im about 200lbs and it went everywhere just not to quickly, got stuck more than others in our group but was still fun, I did however have a full exhaust, cold air intake and slp skis and fox float shocks, also a bunch of lightweight goodies which helped. Stock 144x2" track worked way better if on backwards, also a rollover valve tether is a must, oil will run out of engine into your intake if upside down, sled is definitely not a hillclimber, if the snow is deep you have to ride it quite aggressively or youll be stuck steady, but regular conditions it does ok

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

Last edited:

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am riding this Saturday/Sunday with a couple rookies (second time in the mountains for both). Not 100% sure which area's I'm going to take them yet but we could potentially meet up. Let me know if you are interested.

Justinh1022

Reaction score
So I'm leaving tomorrow morning but tried finding a map of Allen creek but could not find anything online does anyone have one they could maybe email to me?

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have been using Google earth for quite some time now as paper guide maps were just used as fire starter etc. Plus this way you can create your own at home for the areas you are interested in.

You can find the boundary map for allen creek here
Allan Creek - Home | Home

Ride Safe

Justinh1022

Reaction score
Alright thanks so in other words you use your phone got it thanks for the boundary map

Top Bottom