looking for av gas

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wanting to buy a drum of av gas around saskatoon but not sure where or what the average price per litre is.

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go to a privet airstrip I'm sure they would sell u some, thats where I get mine.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried with an aviation buddy and he said the only way would be to take it from the plane. They won't sell it otherwise.
find a pilot or aviation related buddy. is approx 1.60 a litre. also, check with drag racing dudes.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try a different airport. I buy it all the time...has to be an approved container, but that's it. (a red jerry can is an approved container...the fuel tank of your truck or sled is not)

insane customs

Reaction score
in red deer i use to just roll into hillman air with a 45gal drum and fill it up but now i have a ton of c12 and c16 vp left over from drag racing

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had tried calling them and they said they do not sell privately and hung up on me.qute rude actually.

You could always say you are a pilot.

As mentioned there are places around. You can also search brandon petroleum. I don't have their exact info on my phone. They carry avgas in drums and keep drums all around the prairies. I am sure they would sell you one.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try a different airport. I buy it all the time...has to be an approved container, but that's it. (a red jerry can is an approved container...the fuel tank of your truck or sled is not)

Could you use a empty 205L VP C12 drum , i see in the next post , insane says he USE to do this , but can you now

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could you use a empty 205L VP C12 drum , i see in the next post , insane says he USE to do this , but can you now
I don't know. I know at the airport where I buy the stuff, the pumps are on the tarmac and vehicles are not allowed...so jerry cans is my only option if I want to be able to lift it into the back of my truck. LOL

Sammy

Reaction score
At the airport i go to (Villenueve) i fill up my VP fuel drum. They are very accomodating there and welcome anyone out. As said before must be an approved container. I am sure every airport is different as to what they allow.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had tried calling them and they said they do not sell privately and hung up on me.qute rude actually.

I had the same problem there quite a few years ago. They did sell me some in Regina though. Seemed more accommodating there. Only thing was I had to wait until they had some on the truck because they couldn't fill from the pump for insurance reasons. Kind of a PITA. Finally found a guy who kept it for his own plane out on the farm and just got it from him.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the airport i go to (Villenueve) i fill up my VP fuel drum. They are very accomodating there and welcome anyone out. As said before must be an approved container. I am sure every airport is different as to what they allow.

Thats the same place I deal through, nothing but an good experience.

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know. I know at the airport where I buy the stuff, the pumps are on the tarmac and vehicles are not allowed...so jerry cans is my only option if I want to be able to lift it into the back of my truck. LOL

DaveB , which airport do you deal with ( Springbook-AKA Red Deer airport) do you have a phone # and or someones name there that you deal with .

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, managed to find a local company I can get it from. Thanks for your help fellas

Top Bottom