Looking for a new to me Bike

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a sport tourer or sport bike in the 5000 - 7000 dollar range. What are the reviews on bikes from a few years ago. I have been looking at CBR 600's and R6's.

Also what do you think is too many km's on this type of bike? I have been looking at some with around 20 000 but that seems like a lot of km's to me.

Anyone out there got a deal for me?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20000kms is time for some maitenance maybe brakes,, clutch depends who's driving it,,,,, front tire,, be on its second or third rear. maybe chain and sprockets again depends who drove it nothing big....

most guys put 5000kms a summer on rockets,, I was hitting about 10000km per summer and that was all my spare time....

you should be able get a R6 or CBR with under 10000kms for $7K area I would think,,, spend the 6or 7 and get almost new well worth it at 250km/hour lol

at those speeds i always wanted like new lol....

I have had both R6 and CBR both great maybe CBR a bit more user friendly..... but both are great and very similar

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a sport tourer or sport bike in the 5000 - 7000 dollar range. What are the reviews on bikes from a few years ago. I have been looking at CBR 600's and R6's.

Also what do you think is too many km's on this type of bike? I have been looking at some with around 20 000 but that seems like a lot of km's to me.

Anyone out there got a deal for me?

Hey there if your still looking send us an email and you want to address it to Jeff he can get you anything you want at a great price.

Thanks

FLM Staff
HOLOMIS INTERNATIONAL home page
info@holomis.com

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
make sure to get some insurance quotes first..... i have a lot of customers surprised because the r6 and gsxrs are in the restricted class and are quite a bit more $$ than a sport tour... its worth it to shop around as well ...

Terry

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
make sure to get some insurance quotes first..... i have a lot of customers surprised because the r6 and gsxrs are in the restricted class and are quite a bit more $$ than a sport tour... its worth it to shop around as well ...

Terry

My GSX-R in BC is cheap to insure! been thinking about selling it to get a R1 just because it is the same engine as my sled.......if your interested shoot me a PM....going to be putting on a aftermarket exhaust next month! but still cheaper than the money you want to spend!

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
isnt ure gixer a 600 ???

if so thats where the insurance companies make the big jumps

my 750 is about 124 a month just basic plates here in saskabush

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isnt ure gixer a 600 ???

if so thats where the insurance companies make the big jumps

my 750 is about 124 a month just basic plates here in saskabush

In bc there rate goes off of your cc. So the lower cc the cheaper the rate.

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of selling my 2005 GSXR 750. It is in storage right now but I think I have about 4,500 km on it. It doesn't get ridden and I am getting too old.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Terry

Thanks to the correlation between crashes and accidents with the influx of new riders over the last few years, almost every sportbike is on the "Restricted list" now. So good luck getting resonable insurance now for a sportbike.:mad:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What would be the best bike to start out on for a 17 year old?

Not anything super small or lame but something that would last a couple years?

dirt bike!!!!!

learn how to fall first lol,,,

for bikes I only like rockets myself,, ya the open road is nice but its nicer inside a car if u only doing the speed limit lol

get a 03ish honda CBR 600,, plenty of jam and good learning bike for 4-5grand... or any 600 but the CBR is more forgiving then a GSX'r or R6 for sure,,,,

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my GSX-R 600 makes me giggle in first gear......120 km/hr....... lol
very cheep insurance.....who needs to go 300 km/hr? I like my 250 km/hr lol......

ahhh you could squeeze 265km/h out of her;)

had my 600 doing 262 was the best I could get out of her,, that was R6...

devildogg

Reaction score
If you would like an 89 FZR1000 with a new motor and tranny and almost perfect plastic for around 2 G's PM me, if you are 17 and just starting to ride probably not a good idea, I would look for a used SV650, YZF600 something a little safer than any 600R or liter sport bike . better to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow and believe me liter sport bikes are not for newbie's

Yamaha-FZR_1000_EXUP-1989.jpg

devildogg

Reaction score
SV650, probably more of these on the track around the world than any other bike in it's class, for armature racers anyway

SV650S_Copper_RHF_700p.jpg

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahhh you could squeeze 265km/h out of her;)

had my 600 doing 262 was the best I could get out of her,, that was R6...

been to 255 and started to run out of road.....here in bc (around the lake lol) we dont have a mile of straight to find top speed......but at 255 it was still climbing lol.guess I could go out to the four lane by the burner.......I bet I would get a ticket out there lol.......at that speed you just keep going untill they catch you.......if they can! lol a 600 works great around here with the corners......

with the new laws any thing over 40 km/hr you get the new $900 ticket.....I cant remember the rate it goes up, but I do remember the 5th ticket is $25 000 for doing 40 km over the posted speed limmit. this is new so dont speed here in BC.....I think you will see more people trying to out run it because the fines are out of this world!

Last edited:
Top Bottom