looking for a good trail bike for a 11 year old

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the title says Looking for a good trail bike for a 11 year old
What are the china bikes like good bad?
Whitch Jap bike would be best or cheapest?
He has neve rode a motorbike yet so not looking for the fastest.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the title says Looking for a good trail bike for a 11 year old
What are the china bikes like good bad?
Whitch Jap bike would be best or cheapest?
He has neve rode a motorbike yet so not looking for the fastest.

i think your in the wrong forum...you posted on the street bike side

my advise. get a crf 100... almost indestructable and good learning bike... good resale as he out grows it and tame enough you won't be too scrared for him if its his first bike...yamaha ttr125 also good and lots of used ones that guys like myself buy for women that never ride them...
lots of factors we don't know... is this his first bike? How tall is he? Do you ride or will he be riding alone? Will you take him out to gravel pit and cut him loose?

China bikes... I have no real world experience with them... my bet is that if your good at working on bikes they'd be ok... im guessing you will have a hard time selling it used in the future. i understand lots of the engines are knock off's of old honda engines. I'd personally say stick with jap bikes for now... my pick is always a Honda but really they are all just as good.

good luck let us know which way you go... look used!

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the ttr 125 for my 11yr old daughter. It's ok, kick start and full standard tranny, we also looked at the 140 kawi, in hind sight I should have bought that. Electric start and semi auto tranny.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail riding and just learning, something fourstroke for sure. 100+cc, the brand dont much matter when just starting out. They are all good. Just NOT the "no name brands"

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tough one, with no bike experience a standard shift may be a steep learning curve. is he a bigger kid? got my boy a crf 70 for his second ride when he turned 10, his first was the z50r. the crf 100 would be a great bike to learn how to use the clutch. my first bike was an xr 80, I don't think it was a week by the time I had the shifting thing down, but I wanted my boy to learn balance and braking before worrying about clutching/shifting.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys. I will have to take him out to look for the right size.
Its for My nephew His Dad never rode a bike and ask Me to help them out, since I been riding a long time.
He will be riding by himself for now. I only have a steet bike right now.
They were talking about buying a no name china bike which I am trying to talk them out off.
So any one with good or bad experience these would be nice.

Top Bottom