Looking for a good mortgage broker or bank

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd throw this question up on here since the folks of snow and mud helped me find a great insurance broker!

I'm looking to re-finance my mortgage to get some major reno's done (window's, roof, siding, mechanical room) at once. I'm broker less (no idea what happened to my lady), but am with First National. I have no issues with them, just wanted to see what other options are out there.

I've been suggested a few so far, Manulife One, Urban Mortgage, Summit Mortgage Corp & JenCor Mortgage. The only one out of those I feel remotely comfortable dealing with is Manulife One because it's a big name. Never heard of the other guys.

I will only be contacting 2 or 3 max as I don't want a whole bunch poking around my credit bringing my score down.

Anywho, open to suggestions, names etc. Thanks a bunch! :D :beer:

Last edited:

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can give you a couple or one good broker in our office, but I wouldn't pick Manulife just because there a big company, all good brokers work with all of the many many money guys. I know from my real estate practise, no one has felt turned off, or short changed.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Rowdy, we dealt with a lady in Calgary when we bought earlier this year, she was AWESOME to deal with, I can PM you her information if you like, just make sure you tell her we referred you.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can give you a couple or one good broker in our office, but I wouldn't pick Manulife just because there a big company, all good brokers work with all of the many many money guys. I know from my real estate practise, no one has felt turned off, or short changed.

I'd be interested in a name then for sure.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rowdy, we dealt with a lady in Calgary when we bought earlier this year, she was AWESOME to deal with, I can PM you her information if you like, just make sure you tell her we referred you.

That'd be great, please include company too. I will do some research into people and companies tonight!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the PM's. I've got some research to do and some quotes for work to get! Appreciate it! I knew the peeps of S&M could help me out! :D :beer:

Top Bottom