Looking for a dog

chev4life88

Reaction score
Hey im looking for a beagle breeder within 3 hours of red deer if anyone knows of any that would be a huge help

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you put any thought into rescuing a dog from the spca? Might not get a beagle for sure, but you will make a change in one dogs life forever, and they will love you for it.

Just a thought.

give_it_all_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you put any thought into rescuing a dog from the spca? Might not get a beagle for sure, but you will make a change in one dogs life forever, and they will love you for it.

Just a thought.

I know this is a nice thing to do...but out of all the people I know that have rescued a dog, every single one says they will not do it again and don't recommend it. I'm sure some dogs are ok, but the reason many get dropped off are because there is something wrong with them. My sister got a boxer mix and it would tear apart the house whenever you left the house. And no dog trainer could fix him unfortunately.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this is a nice thing to do...but out of all the people I know that have rescued a dog, every single one says they will not do it again and don't recommend it. I'm sure some dogs are ok, but the reason many get dropped off are because there is something wrong with them. My sister got a boxer mix and it would tear apart the house whenever you left the house. And no dog trainer could fix him unfortunately.

she should have called Ceaser (the dog whisperer):d just sayin that guy is freakin amazing with hounds.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Fair enough, that is certainly something to think about. I know of 5 dogs rescued from the cranbrook shelter that are AWESOME. My girlfriend and I went in to walk dogs one day, not to take one home, this fall. I couldn't leave the 4 year old black lab there for another minute, she went straight into the car. I couldn't be happier with her, she is obediant to a T and has come out to be a great dog.

Mind you, this has just been my experiences, I can see getting a bad one from a shelter.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Both of my dogs are "rescues"...... not from shelters but from unsuitable homes... Shadow (great pyrenes/Anatolian Shepard) was living in the city with a 20' X 20' yard to roam in.....Mickey was in a trailer park and the owners worked long hours and had no time for her & at some point she was obviously abused.... now they have each other, the attention of 3 kids, and 4 acres to run.....

Niether are perfect but they are happy.....

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
My wife has a bleeding heart for "rescues"... over the 16 years we have had a few in our home and to be honest None of them were worth it...sorry guess its just bad luck on our part... Good luck

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up this pup down in Idaho at Christmas, Sasha is a purebred German Sheppard (long stock long hair, Sable)
Max her Father is on the Mountain West Search and Rescue Dog Team for Coeur d`Alene, Idaho and Spokane, Washington sometimes works for the Bonners County Sheriffs Department out of Idaho in recovery situations, avalanche victims & missing persons. Looking forward to the training and obedience classes with her and we spend alot of time with our dogs.

I like purebreds myself but I have picked up rescue dogs from the SPCA in Calgary a year back 1 for my mom, man what a great dog this turned out be and another for a friend in the Kootenays both dogs very well mannered. There not all that bad, may have had a bad start in life but a little work and time spent with them goes a long ways.

petsandpeople006.jpg

Top Bottom