Looking at getting a 2001 Arctic Cat 1000 Mountain Cat or a 2003 Arctic Cat 900

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats but follow his advice triples are prone to blowing up if not maintained.

Sent from my S4

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny we had this conversation yesterday about the ol Triple Cats .....................Get aquanted with Mr Linderman and do the crank every three years

summit1000

Reaction score
Funny we had this conversation yesterday about the ol Triple Cats .....................Get aquanted with Mr Linderman and do the crank every three years

I probably won't keep it for three years. I don't even usually keep cars for more than a year. I like to change it up often. I'm guessing that I'll ride this for this year and next year and then sell it. If I do keep it for that long though, I'll definitely look into the crank. Do you actually replace the crank? Or is it something to do with the crank? I have heard waterpump seals can be trouble some as well. So I'll watch for that too.

I took it out for a short ride on Wednesday (probably about 10 miles) and wow do I love it. I love the narrow ski stance, and 144" track. I love the soft ride and the top end power too. Wish it had a little more low end torque, but I know from riding triples when I was a lot younger that the low end torque usually isn't very impressive. Once you get into the torque band though, wow does it fly! It was night when I was riding it, so I didn't want to go too fast, but I was going about 30 mph, held it wide open and it was like 60 mph instantly. I am 100% sure I overpaid for it. But, at the end of the day, this sled was exactly what I wanted. And granted I overpaid, but the guy did throw in 3 extra belts (the one that is on there is like new as well) and 9 extra spark plugs (he seemed to keep a lot of parts). He also filled it up with gas for me, helped me load it, and gave me a complete run down on it.

Top Bottom