Looking at a new boat

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Larson and campion are in the same category, can't even put bayliners in the same comparison. I am a huge fan of the campion. If I buy another open bow that would be my pic. I want to be able to tow if I want but have no need for a full inboard ski or wake boat and prefer the look of the open bow inboard/outboards better

MrHankey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outlaw eagle,or bratt jet are the best,but that's a whole different ball game ,I always thought bay liner was a Top of the food chain type of boat

jdawgtherigpig

Reaction score

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I would say its worth the money. Hard to know with out having it in the water though I would check and see if he'll put it in the water for you to try it. Or if you bring earmuffs he'll let you start her up

jdawgtherigpig

Reaction score
yep starting it up with ear muffs:)
it hasnt even been in the water this year. he keeps getting low balls of 10g...

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't be in a rush and shop around. I bought my 2002 18' SeaRay 143hr in Apr of this year. If you're willing to drive, you'll save $2000 - $3000 driving to B.C. and lots to choose from.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Start her kick it in and out of gear and let it run for a bit watching temp. Other than that on a boat like that that looks like that you won't have much to worry about I don't think. But even after using ear muffs your first trip keep an eye on your temp gauge, ear muffs force water into the system with the pressure of the hose so won't show you 100% if the impeller is pulling water in but it will let you check everything else.

jdawgtherigpig

Reaction score
k i have to post 1 more boat lol

2010 Glastron MX185 for sale - Saskatchewan Powerboats, Motorboats For Sale - Kijiji Saskatchewan Canada.

i know its only a 135 hp. that campion is 150 hp and 5 years older
im going to look at this boat tonight. he is negotiable on price.
i really like this glastron. kinda pulling to it over the campion.....for what i need and entry level boat i think the 135 wouldnt be a huge deal????campion also weighs more...
again sorry. i really know nothing about boats haha.
i like to hear others opinions. its alot of money for me. and i am obsessed with buying a boat..lol
oh and the bank said newer the better haha....

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i do think that the 135 is a little under powered for an 18'. thats just a personal feeling though. there are tons out there with that same engine and h/p that i'm sure people have no issues with at all, but if your going to be wanting to take you 6 people and pull a skier or tube i think you may want that extra 15hp the campion offers. and though it is a newer boat that the campion it has higher hours which kind of takes age out of the equasion in my eyes. and i bet if you slapped a $1000 wake tower onj the campion it may sway your mind on the looks as well. also the bimini top is a $1500 extra, plus what ever the prop, tube, and other extras are worth.

just my $.02. in the end buy what you like and you'll be happy with it

jdawgtherigpig

Reaction score
the campion has higher hours.. when i got there she said it had 150 hours. the glastron has 35 and an hour gauge. the campion did not.
but the motor was shiny new so im pretty sure the campion is low hours.
this guy will throw in life jackets and tube too.
again tooooo many to choose from and i want one now for some reason. maybe i should wait lol...
anyways again thanks

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
hey guys.
im looking at a new to me boat... its a 08 bayliner 185 4.3 190hp, 100 hours.
its in pretty nice shape. the odd scratch and chip paint ...wear and tear i guess...
buddy hit a rock though and is getting a new leg put on it and a stainless prop for me.
he is asking 16,000. ive looked online and think it might be farily priced.

just curious if its worth it. are these good boats. i dont know much about boats.
its my first boat.

i started doing a little more looking online. i think there are better boats out there.
ive seen some really nice campions and four winns all mid 2000's for under 16k come with tubes life jackets. etc...
im thinking of going that route now. i might even wait till spring.
too many to choose from lol. big decision for a first boat.

thats a big upgrade bogger

4.3 is a nice reliable motor .... I would recommend the mpi fuel injected though. It's 220 horse compared to the 190 and more reliable. Bayliner is the bottom of the boat industry imo. You will find a lot of campions etc in your price range.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine is looking as well, he spotted this boat at Wizard Lake Marine....we looked at it, it ghas a few minor flaws nothing serious, it is 12 years old...I wasnt a fan of the , so when I heard they had to re build i, it just confirme, it's just to small of a motor.....

jdawgtherigpig

Reaction score
well..thanks for all the info guys.
went with a diff one then i posted. i couldnt pass this deal up

2012 bayliner 185 bowrider 120 hours still warranty. 190 HP.

Attachments

• bayliner.JPG
    bayliner.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 132

etecturbo

Reaction score
Nice little boat, only thing you may find is a little small and under powered for wakeboarding if you are into that.

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
congrats on the purchase. It looks great.
Nothing wrong with a Bayliner. They have less bling and features, but the power trains are all the same. When it comes to stern drives, theres merc and penta, and they're used in all boats regardless of brand. 4.3 is a good motor....plus warranty, bonus.
woohoo, there's even time left for a few trips to the lake. (Oh, + Remember your boat drivers license)

Last edited:

jdawgtherigpig

Reaction score
ya im not into wakeboarding ..so that didnt bother me.
it will pull a tube and skis:) and get me around the lake.
i know bayliners arent the top end but for me it all came down to a good price and it is my first boat. entry level boat is all i need.
gets me out with the family. the gf complains in the winter so now in the summer i can make it up haha. she can come on these trips:)

anybody know of a swim platform lying around???? they arent cheap. a dealer in edm told me 2500 installed. thats seems really high.
bayliner sells them for 850 as an add on. and i can get one ordered from the florida for a 1000 plus 350 shipping but thats no duty or taxes...
i havent called any other dealers. not really a big deal to have no swim platform during the winter haha

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That 4.3 will tow like a freight train. We have pulled up to 4 tubes behind ours with no issues getting out of the hole. I also wakeboard behind it fine. pops me out of the water great. It actually does just as good of job as my buddies supra wake boat.

Also check out swimplatform.com

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just in case you are not aware but try not to use the tower to pull your tubes as it is hard on it. Only the lower tow hooks. Nice boat and enjoy!!!

jdawgtherigpig

Reaction score
ya the guy i bought it from told me that. thanks:)
going to pick it up tomm. hopefully put it on the water on sat:) and sun:)
still got a little time left

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
nice lookin unit, you'll be happy you went with a higher hp motor, dont listen to the "under powered" chit. that things got lots of towing power. and you can save yourself 100's of dollars a day not wasting the money on gas in a high powered "tow boat" they serve their purpose too but for the casual boater who wants to tow a tube and skier and boarder once and a while you'll love that thing.

chit this is min old jalopy and i probably spend more time that your average on the water and love the old girl......

Attachments

• IMG00261-20110611-2155.jpg
    IMG00261-20110611-2155.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 104
Top Bottom