look what I found... Sleeping Kitty!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome find Scott! Hope he looks after it and appreciates it for years. Lucky kid.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeebus! That thing is a museum piece. Looks factory fresh, great purchase for that $.

It's worth 10X that just for getting a new rider into the sport.

:ThumbsupMsn:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments :) Appreciate it! As far as this sled being kept in premium shape for years to come... it's a given. Zac will be cleaning it and maintaining it to very high standard. MINE! He and I will have fun at the same time and he will learn how to keep the thing running and looking great for many miles to come.

Here's a shot or two of my sled. 4500 k on it and it has been maintained analy. His will stay running & looking like new from here on :)

Attachments

• 2009_0202engineF60004.jpg
    2009_0202engineF60004.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 2009_0202engineF60001.jpg
    2009_0202engineF60001.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 2009_0202engineF60002.jpg
    2009_0202engineF60002.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 27

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very cool find Scotty :beer: ..... Just one thing though, I can't believe you posted those pictures with the track marks on that Purdee shop floor of yours :eek:

Cheerz ;)

Ha Ha ... SumX... If I had as keen of an eye as you I would have scrubbed the floor before the pic was taken! :d:beer::beer: Cheerz!

Bucky

Reaction score
Hey let the boy armourall the seat, so he can learn just like the old man did on his 81 tigger lol, sorry dude, couldn't resist!:rollinglaugh:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey let the boy armourall the seat, so he can learn just like the old man did on his 81 tigger lol, sorry dude, couldn't resist!:rollinglaugh:

LOL. Those were great days! Remember Bucky? Some of the most fun riding of my life was on those old slippery sleds with no lugs! Powerslides all day long! :d:beer::d

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pipes... LOL :) Never kissed him but I would have if he asked! My wife told me that we have to show our appreciation some how and I could'nt agree more. Gift certificates to the Keg will be sent for sure. :beer:
atta boy:beer::beer:

kelwar

Reaction score
wow your kid is lucky hes 13 and you buy him a sled like that i didnt get a 600 tell last year and i had to buy it my self

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow your kid is lucky hes 13 and you buy him a sled like that i didnt get a 600 tell last year and i had to buy it my self

Kelwar... Yes my boy is fortunate. He appreciates too. You are even more fortunate because you got to save up and buy your own sled with your own cash. That is a feeling and a sence of pride that only you can experience. I felt the same thing when I saved for 5 years to buy my first car, a new '84 Camaro Z28. :) Nothing felt better then saving and paying for it myself. My Dad helped by letting me live at home rent free for years. Dads help out their kids in different ways. Anytime you can pay for something like a car or a sled with your own sweat and tears it is that much more appreciated ;) Good for you :beer::)

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theaf, you stole that thing, great deal man!! Your boy is lucky!

It was deffinately a great deal, Was looking out for a 99 or so powder special or a similar year summit but sort of stumbled accross this deal. Do you guys see many of the earlier year mountain sleds, '98 - '03 come in on trade in good shape, low miles? I'm guessing not right? If you do I will be in the market for another one soon.

psycoticmudder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been searching for a nice used sled for my 13 year old son. Looked for a month and found nothing to meet my expectations, tired of looking at abused and poorly maintained sleds. By chance I called my X neighbour to see if he still had his Mountain Cat that he bought new in 02. He did and said it has been sitting around in his shop for the last 7 years. He's only ridden it 4 times in 7 years. It has 275.5 miles on it, not even broken in. After listening to him complain about how it is in the way and how he never has a chance to ride he asked me if $4000.00 was a fair price. I said yes. He paid $9050.00 plus extras in 2002. I now have a brand new 2001 Mountain Cat 600 EFI for my spoiled rotten teenager :)

After washing all the dust off it it looks like a showroom purchase.

also included in the deal:

2 4L jugs of synthetic cat oil
sled tarp
brand new spare belt and plugs
low altitude cam arms (weights) for primary never used

There litterally is'nt even a scratch on this thing!!! Check out the tool tray, no grime or rust, never been used.

did you give him a kiss

Top Bottom