Look What brought home with me!!

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i got some free time now(shut down for the weekend) and i got the Power Comander 5 installed and the Muzzy. I think im gonna order the Auto tune feture for the PC5 cause i got a little pop when im on decel but its not to bad. Haven taken it for a long spin yet but it sure gets to 60 in a hurry now. As for the muzzy, i hope it dont melt anything but it sure does get hot. Its not to loud and not to quiet. Now that i have everything installed, it makes a good difference power wise.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ttt plus ttt again

Well i got 1500km on it now. No issues so far. Since i installed all of the mods its been way more fun to drive. I did notice that since i installed the PC5 it has been a bit harder to start. It seems to "catch" the first time but dies off. Then i start it and it goes no problem. No issues with belts or anything like that. I did have a little wreck with a rock and totalled a rim but i got it fixed.

Now that winter is here, im looking at cabs and plows. I have sourced a plow in the states for 550US and a hard/soft cab. Im not sure on if wheather i should get a cab with doors or just a front and rear windshield. I know a full windshield would help alot. Ill keep you guys posted with what i decide.

Here is a recent pic.

Attachments

• 158.jpg
    158.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 56

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well not much new here, just waiting for some extra cash to come into my hands so i can afford a blade for the girl. Got 1700km on it as of today and still going strong. I think im gonna have to replace the rear main seal(driveshaft seal) as mine is staring to leak a bit to much. I also installed a couple new driving lights on the front. They make it a bit brighter at nite.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where's the rest of the front bumper? Did you take it off or have some unwanted contact?:confused:

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where's the rest of the front bumper? Did you take it off or have some unwanted contact?:confused:

Took it off. When i first got it, it held a bunch of snow and it started to get hot. So i took it off and havent had any issues since

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i just thought i would update this tread. so i got 2235km on the teryx now. All was good till this weekend. I installed some 30" mudzilla's about 300km ago and i blew a bet just before i installed them. So i installed a new Ultimax belt, that was a mistake. Lasted 124km and it blew again. So i installed a new OEM belt again. But to make a long story short, Went to a rally this weekend and we came to this one hole and i had to put the diff lock in, So i put it in and it didnt make it through and as i backed up i herd a SNAP. So i switched out of 4wd and took the diff lock out. Once i got out of the hole i came to see that i blew my first Axle. Both the inner and out CV portions of the axle are done. So now im in a pickle, do i........

A---- buy a new axle?????
or
B---- Buy a lift kit with new axles?????

Havent really decided yet, but im gonna decide this week. Now i have herd mixed thoughts on those RHINO brand axles, just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with them. There is a company called SUPERATV out of the good old USA selling a 6" kit with these axles. Now the price is right, but im wondering if anyone else has had issues locally with these axles?

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with those particular brands of axles, but I do have experience with snapping axles. The last two times I have been out I have sheared off the splines on the outer cv on my rear axles, first the right side fixed it then went out today to try my new BBK and sheared the left side. I don't think the axle shafts I was running were very good (supplied with my long tavel kit) but now I have Summers Bros racing axles (stock cv's just upgraded shafts) on all four corners and do not anticipate any more problems. Did you blow a front axle, if so you have to be careful with the diff lock when you are running big tires :nono: cause next time it will be the diff instead of the axle. :beer:

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with those particular brands of axles, but I do have experience with snapping axles. The last two times I have been out I have sheared off the splines on the outer cv on my rear axles, first the right side fixed it then went out today to try my new BBK and sheared the left side. I don't think the axle shafts I was running were very good (supplied with my long tavel kit) but now I have Summers Bros racing axles (stock cv's just upgraded shafts) on all four corners and do not anticipate any more problems. Did you blow a front axle, if so you have to be careful with the diff lock when you are running big tires :nono: cause next time it will be the diff instead of the axle. :beer:

Ya i blew a left front axle, it happened when i was backing up, wasnt even that hard on it. It caught a bit of air so i think it twisted it cause i know the innner and outer CV`s are done. I know what these from diffs are like, i had to fix my brute force diff when it went.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i bought the lift. Its an ok product, i dont think its ment for real hardcore wheelers. It does have some cool features. I now have 23" of ground clearance with my 30's. It sure has a big cool factor now, but i think im gonna lower it down a few inches.Here is a picture.

026.jpg

015.jpg

027.jpg

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice. Why are you going to lower it and why do you comment it not for hard core wheelers?

How is your power with those 30's?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice. Why are you going to lower it and why do you comment it not for hard core wheelers?

Come on dan, you know how the power is on a teryx with 30"s

Chris

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well im gonna lower it just cause i dont need it on the 6" ift right now. It has a couple settings on it. 6", 3" and stock but wider. Im gonna lower it onto the 3" for now. It seems to ride ok thats for sure. I dont think its for to hardcore of a wheeler just for the simple fact that it looks like it could bend. I dont think that it would, but im not gonna push my luck right away. As for power, it still has great power with the 30's. I really like the ground clearance thats for sure. i was in one of the feeding pens in 15" of slop and it sure makes a difference when the belly doesnt drag. Ill get some more day time picks today.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on dan, you know how the power is on a teryx with 30"s

Chris

Hmm do you have 30's on yours Chris?

Anyway this is kinda the set up I would like to get into some day. More power, bigger tires and a lift. I figure with a rig like that, I could conquer the skeg much better. ;)

Top Bottom