Look What brought home with me!!

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i sold my quad back in september and have been without since. And the other day i finally broke and bought a new 2009 Kawasaki Tyrex 750 EFI. And i gotta say i think these things are awsome. Way better power than a rhino but not as narrow as a RZR. So far so good. Only thing is the accessories are limited right now but soon enough. And i must say it is quite peppy!!

Attachments

• new 001.jpg
    new 001.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 97
  • new 002.jpg
    new 002.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 94
  • new 003.jpg
    new 003.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 85
  • new 004.jpg
    new 004.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 91

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are wild looking machines. i work with a guy that just bought one. he did a bunch of mods to it and it really rips. very impresed with it. good luck to ya and enjoy

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the efi sure is nice. Im ordering Tires(mudlite XTR's in 27") and some ITP SS rims. Im also gonna order the dual exhaust and a chip of some sort and maybe a clutch kit. Im not sure if i will have to clutch it as it has 26" tires stock so i think it will be fine. I went with this over the RZR cause of the storage box. I wanted a bigger one for hauling square bales and such. But it sure rips as it is. I had it up to 75km/h today and it still had more but my turn was coming up. But ill keep mods posted. O and i bought a new winch today. Princess auto has those new ones in there flyer and they have a life time warranty on them.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice looking machine. I don't care what brand they are, I think all side x sides are a blast to drive. Try it out in the mud before you clutch it. I bet it's going to have tons of power. Have fun. :beer:

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice looking machine. I don't care what brand they are, I think all side x sides are a blast to drive. Try it out in the mud before you clutch it. I bet it's going to have tons of power. Have fun. :beer:

O dont get me wrong i liked rhino alot. Plus they have the most accessories. But i rode a brute force for 2 years and then once i tried the rhino 700 i wasnt impressed with the power. It had lots, but not what i was used to. I got a few buddies with the rhino 700 and they are fun. But like i said i really liked the v-twin torque. :)

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definatly a rhino killer not much to kill them i like the t reyx it has lots of mods out there already it that actually work the exhaust and chip and intake will give a rzrz a run for its money for sure i own a rzr have yet to found a rhino to kill it but have played with a few t reyx's and ugh oh they got lots of power when moded my rzr it getting some soon only have pipe and filter right now gotta keep up with the guys i go with you know ( new s&s stuff coming for it i cant wait )

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got some bling for it. I picked up some ITP SS212 Blacks in 14x6 and 14x8. I also picked up some ITP XTR 27x9R14 and 27x11R14. So far I have put 250km on it and about 25 hours. So far i like it alot. I have been using it alot and for pretty much everything. So far i think this is the best unit i have ever purchased. It has way more purpose for me than my quad ever did. I also got a new winch from PA and im making it multi mount and so i can use it front of rear. Ill post pictures when im done the set up.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 92

Nor-Val

Reaction score
Watch that multi-mount idea. lol. I had it on my rhino and found it stuck out too far to leave in the front or rear . Kept hitting it on rocks and trees. And then when i did get stuck, I had to dig down in the muck to find the receiver and slide it in. Ended up solid mounting it on the front. Your mounting system might be different, but thats my experience. Rode a teryx on the weekend, loved the torque of the v-twin, just wish i could stuff it in my Rhino. lol

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch that multi-mount idea. lol. I had it on my rhino and found it stuck out too far to leave in the front or rear . Kept hitting it on rocks and trees. And then when i did get stuck, I had to dig down in the muck to find the receiver and slide it in. Ended up solid mounting it on the front. Your mounting system might be different, but thats my experience. Rode a teryx on the weekend, loved the torque of the v-twin, just wish i could stuff it in my Rhino. lol

Yup "ditto" for me. I went for one rip in the bush and that was enough stupid getting hung up for me. Solid mounted it in the front, up and behind the bumper.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup "ditto" for me. I went for one rip in the bush and that was enough stupid getting hung up for me. Solid mounted it in the front, up and behind the bumper.

Well i built it a bit different. Mine is basically mounted back as close as it can be to the body. Only thing is i used a old 2inch drop trailer hitch. Ill get the pics tommorow. But i dont think it out to far. But time will tell as i used to have a multi mount on my old suzuki samuria and i loved it and found that it didnt stick out to far. Just have to finish wiring the connectors on the multi end and then drill one more hole for the rear hitch to fit and it will be done. But ill get some pictures of it by tommrow morning.

O and BTW thanks for the compliments.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here is the finished product. Works good on the front or the rear. Dosnt stick out to far i dont think anyway. But time will tell.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 78

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say man but I think your going to be disappointed. Where we ride there are quite a few real dips almost like erosion trenches that my winch would dig into the dirt and you had to pull out some line before hand and then winch you way out. After removing the winch no problem going through those areas.

Good luck. I guess you'll find out soon enough.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say man but I think your going to be disappointed. Where we ride there are quite a few real dips almost like erosion trenches that my winch would dig into the dirt and you had to pull out some line before hand and then winch you way out. After removing the winch no problem going through those areas.

Good luck. I guess you'll find out soon enough.

I live in saskatchewan, trust me i dont think ill have to many problems. Its kinda flat around here.lol. Ya like i said, well see. It sticks out about 6" off the front and if push comes to shove, il just mount the winch in its spot. I just wanted the option of using the winch front or rear for around the acerage. So far i find it handy to have it there.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i have put 680km on the unit so far. I went on 2 derbys with the winch the way it is and have went through some steep and short ditches and some deep holes too. Used the winch a few times to pull out a prowler and a rhino and my self once. Works nice and so far no regrets about the mounting system. I also tried a warn multi mount winch to compare as the dealer i bought mine from had one and i think that it sticks out about 4 inch more than mine does.

But so far this thing has done everything i thought it would. I just ordered a stereo and a bed rail kit and in the next month im ordering the exhaust and PC5 and a intake. I also ordered a epi clutch kit for it as i wanted the weights for some finer tuning. Ill post pics once i install some of the new goodies here shortly.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good report. I was wondering how things were going. What is PC5?

Its a EFI Tuner. PC5 is Power Commander 5 and it lets you tune the unit to what ever modifications you do to it. It also allows you to tune it for BB kits and so on. A guy needs one when he installs exhaust and an intake cuase if you dont you'll risk lean burning the motor and might end up doing some real damage. I wish i could have gotten the picture of the jump/hill crest me and a buddy hit as i guess we caught a couple feet of air according to the guy behind use(and i would not be surprised as we hit it doing 75km/h). And i must say that it landed rather smooth for being in the air for that long. Ill get some new pictures as stuff arives for it.

Top Bottom