Long relaxing trails, beautiful scenic views with shallow river crossings?

jayinwww

Reaction score
Is there a place like this in Alberta? It's the long weekend and I got the quads all ready to go. Just need the right place :) I heard Rockey Mountain has areas like this? If this is true does anyone know how I can get to some of the good staging areas? Maybe a close intersection.

Cheers!

Ride safe!

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They might have been shallow but will be up higher now.

Lots of places to go out West of Rocky.

It's up to u. Get a pluz map , and go look

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I can do is laugh! I'm a pretty funny guy. Haha!

I would suggest Rig Street area for some exploring if you've never been...west of Caroline on hwy 54
It's as challenging as you feel comfortable riding... if you want to venture as far as Marble Mountain, etc. Cheers!

quadzilla

Reaction score
sorry, a little late for the Aug long weekend, but if you head to the forestry trunk road just west of Nordegg and head south
about 50k there is a recreation area at Hummingbird Creek
from there you can ride trails to Onion Lake, it is a nice easy ride, and there are other trails with stream crossings, plus the scenery is great. the nice thing is that you can ride your quad from your site, as some campsites won't even let you ride out of the campsite on your quad to go quadding

hope this helps

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry, a little late for the Aug long weekend, but if you head to the forestry trunk road just west of Nordegg and head south
about 50k there is a recreation area at Hummingbird Creek
from there you can ride trails to Onion Lake, it is a nice easy ride, and there are other trails with stream crossings, plus the scenery is great. the nice thing is that you can ride your quad from your site, as some campsites won't even let you ride out of the campsite on your quad to go quadding

hope this helps

You could also try the old railline from Misty Valley / Saunders to Nordegg (note bridges out on north of hwy section), could just go along hwy to bypass that section.
But yes i agree with quadzilla on Hummingbird, canary creek, onion lake area (only open from July 1 until early spring march or april i think)

Top Bottom