Long Lake area

nolan

Reaction score
We are heading out to the pipeline tommorow around 13:00 hrs and all day sat.

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any body planning a ride for this weekend,looking to get out for a day over the weekend?
catmando!

Was thinking of checking that area out this weekend... probably saturday. never been out before. just replaced the E and S modules on my XP so i want to ride somewhere a little closer than mcbride to test her out! Where exactly do most of you unload at? ive heard somewhere near smokey lake...

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Me and a buddy are going up on Sunday morning,usually unload at Happy's store south of Boyle but the lake is not real good right now so I think were going to find somewhere else to unload,Mayby Skeleton Lake or possibly Smokey Lake but need some info,would like to unload fairly close to the pipeline!Just not sure where's best.If any of you guys want to pass along any suggestions I'm all ears and we wouldnt mind if a few joined us.
catmando!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any body planning a ride for this weekend,looking to get out for a day over the weekend?
catmando!

Come to the ralley next weekend and I'll show you a couple good areas along the way, still have one sled I haven't wrecked and I'm not riding it till the Newbrook Ralley!!:d

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and a buddy are going up on Sunday morning,usually unload at Happy's store south of Boyle but the lake is not real good right now so I think were going to find somewhere else to unload,Mayby Skeleton Lake or possibly Smokey Lake but need some info,would like to unload fairly close to the pipeline!Just not sure where's best.If any of you guys want to pass along any suggestions I'm all ears and we wouldnt mind if a few joined us.
catmando!

What time were you planning on being out at ???

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Come to the ralley next weekend and I'll show you a couple good areas along the way, still have one sled I haven't wrecked and I'm not riding it till the Newbrook Ralley!!:d

Might take you up on that,See how the week goes.Just got home from the doc,sprained my damn ankle.Off for a couple days but if I cant go sleddin I would rather go to work!
catmando!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My MXZ 670HO will be my ride for the ralley, if you think the summit flies...wait till you see the MXZ. I got all my parts today to put the 162 on my summit. To cold to take the girls riding at the farm so i'm gonna stay in town and work on sleds and a case of Bud.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Hope everyone that rode at the lake had a good time. I rode with Shrek and his boys on saturday, great afternoon.

The top water seems to be limited but be cautious of the south end and I noticed the north creek still has open water.

The Pipe line is like a highway but the rocks are still there, they will bite you bad if you not looking out.

The trails leading away from the lake are very rough, I am thinking of some type of a groomer for next year, any thoughts on a red neck groomer please speak up.

Have a great week, see you on the trails
Don

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Hope everyone that rode at the lake had a good time. I rode with Shrek and his boys on saturday, great afternoon.

The top water seems to be limited but be cautious of the south end and I noticed the north creek still has open water.

The Pipe line is like a highway but the rocks are still there, they will bit you bad if you not looking out.

The trails leading away from the lake are very rough, I am thinking of some type of a groomer for next year, any thoughts on a red neck groomer please speak up.

Don

Thanks for the tour , know how to call when I'm lost , have to do again , will help come up with the redneck grommer

later:d

CatCory

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on the newbrook rally. Dates, costs, trail conditions.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we used to have a cabin out at amisk lake, just down from skeleton. could ride trails from there, to north buck lake through the gravel pit and out to an old abandoned hunters cabin. may be worth looking into as alot of people didnt know about them

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

The Pipe line is like a highway but the rocks are still there, they will bite you bad if you not looking out.

Don

Don,

and to any other person who would like to go riding this coming weekend up or near Skeleton Lake or Long Lake area. Myself and my boy will be leaving Friday night and riding Saturday and Sunday in the vicinity. In all likelihood ride near the indian reserve. There is a nice valley with some hills in that area. If any wants to go or meet up let me know. Don whats your phone number?

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don,

and to any other person who would like to go riding this coming weekend up or near Skeleton Lake or Long Lake area. Myself and my boy will be leaving Friday night and riding Saturday and Sunday in the vicinity. In all likelihood ride near the indian reserve. There is a nice valley with some hills in that area. If any wants to go or meet up let me know. Don whats your phone number?

any chance you found any maps of area? last time out got turned around east of long lake. thanx timbo

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any chance you found any maps of area? last time out got turned around east of long lake. thanx timbo

I go to Map Town on 10344- 105 st. and get maps pulled for all areas I'm riding. There $7.50 each, I just sent some to Weld488, not sure if he used them yet. If you want I can go get some for you in that area, let me know.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got those maps Pride,Thanks Again but i was up at Swan Hill last weekend,and this weekend i gotta some repairs.You going up next weekend,the 28th...Let me know.I still wanna hook with you so you could show me some of the area.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

I do have a map of the area, Its an old Husky map that I have added to it, but the best way to learn the area is get out and go for a ride, I have been sledding and quadding in the area since 1982 and it's pretty hard to stump me. GPS are good but I find the guys that turn them on and go with me forget to put way points in and just enjoy the ride.
There are several noteable points: ie
The painted " Happy face" at the 4 corners near Hanmore pumping station, from there you can go south to Hanmore Lake
East to Hwy 855
West to Newbrook
North will eventually take you to the east side of the lake

The steel bridge at the north end of Long Lake creek
Stay west on the road from the bridge will take you to Boyle after 10 miles
Go east and you will end up at the east side of the Lake
Etc. Etc.

So as I say go and get lost and have a good day

If you ever see any Tiger stripe ribbon (Orange and Black) that is my call sign and it will get you back to or away from the lake. I put that up for some of the people that have ridden with me to jog their memmory when they are on there own. Any questions Pm me

Have a great week, Looks like snow here tomorrow

Don

Top Bottom