Long island lake trails

doc holiday

Reaction score
Hi guys

I just joined and wanna do some end of the season riding.
Went to Long Island lake north of Westlock over the weekend to explore.
( without bike.......................smart)
From the staging area north there is a quad trial that splits of and has numerous branches. Most of these are marked with colored material strips.

I particularly want to find trails leading to Horseshoe lake north of long Island and wondered if anyone has an overview map of the trails.

Any KTM takers out there who can show a intermediate rider around?

happy to entertain any suggestions

cheers

Vandodger

Reaction score
i know this area pretty good, horseshoe lake is actually pretty easy to find, send me a message if your interested in riding in the near future

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I just joined and wanna do some end of the season riding.
Went to Long Island lake north of Westlock over the weekend to explore.
( without bike.......................smart)
From the staging area north there is a quad trial that splits of and has numerous branches. Most of these are marked with colored material strips.

I particularly want to find trails leading to Horseshoe lake north of long Island and wondered if anyone has an overview map of the trails.

Any KTM takers out there who can show a intermediate rider around?

happy to entertain any suggestions

cheers

What do you mean by "without bike.........smart"?? I LOVE biking out there, one of the best spots to rip it up on a dirtbike in my opinion!

doc holiday

Reaction score
The post is almost one year old. :eek:

Smart meaning stupid.
This is sometimes called sarcasm.
I was being sarcastic to myself; go figure.

OK?

indyguy

Reaction score
Does this place get pretty full on the Sept long weekend.
We have a family with 4 kids and we are thinking of trying this place out for some ATVing.
Is there a lot of idiots or inconsiderate riders or is 99% of the riders use common sense when sharing the trails?

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was up there last weekend riding, the trails are awesome not to much skag as it has been dry.i does not seem to get the traffic that other trail systems get, but yiu must always use caution. ride hard have fun.

Vandodger

Reaction score
i havent been there in a couple years but you can usually ride for a couple hours without meeting anyone, if you know where your going

OLDHONDA

Reaction score
i was up there this weekend i guess it would be the 5th and 6th of june it was fun i stayed in the long island lake campground but i see there is free camping up further bye the stagging area i found after but it was my friest trip up there so it was fun found some mud holes and some skegg and was funn too but ride safe and have fun is the name of the game

ripntear

Reaction score
It won't be long and this area will be shut down. All it takes is a few idiots. Read the letters to the editor in the Westlock News ( June 21, 2010 volume 90 number 25 ).

Top Bottom