Lock your trucks

24V E30

Reaction score
It would be a jerry can full of ice. Who's gonna steal that?

Was going to say the same thing. Maybe mix it up with some fuel and anti freeze and whatever else you have under your kitchen sink.....as long as it still smells like gas when your done mixing.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That about sums it up. Imagine having the video of some thief stealing and the case is thrown out of court because the thief had a 'reasonable expectation to being notified' if they are being videoed in a public parking lot... No wonder the bums steal crap. Its soooo easy to get off.
Great idea, but good luck finding a cop with the time or care to do something about it. Unless you can find out exactly who the person is and where the police can find them.

Which brings up another point, is it legal to place a camera on public land to catch thieves like this? Would the evidence be admissible in court?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That about sums it up. Imagine having the video of some thief stealing and the case is thrown out of court because the thief had a 'reasonable expectation to being notified' if they are being videoed in a public parking lot... No wonder the bums steal crap. Its soooo easy to get off.
Thieves have right too. Oh lord.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I like to blame the rcmp for these issues, but ultimately the justice system is overloaded and judges are scared of appeals on questionable convictions. So many of these cases are thrown out, now why would a police officer go through all the work of finding a suspect to have the case thrown out?

It's really sad, but also the reason I have insurance.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ABMax24

Great idea, but good luck finding a cop with the time or care to do something about it. Unless you can find out exactly who the person is and where the police can find them.

Which brings up another point, is it legal to place a camera on public land to catch thieves like this? Would the evidence be admissible in court?

Nobody said we would call the cops , any thieves in the past are the local losers and not to hard find there vehicles. Involving the authorities is last on my list

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately my motto has always been my stuff just has to be harder to steal than the other guys, out of sight out of mind lock it up and dont drive an 06/07 or older ford. If they want it bad enough they will get it. It does seem like due to popularity of the sport its worse than it was years ago. Always thought it was ballsy tho all it takes is one of the locals hiding in the trees in the parking lot watching and waiting explaining to a cop you took a baseball bat across the legs because you were stealing someones gear would be funny.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No locks on the 4 place trailer. Tarps and ramp on top of the deck with gas cans full. Truck in Revy everyweekend for 20 years and no issue. I think crooks think I drive a bait truck. The Quartz parking lot is definitely a good opportunity for passers by.

Top Bottom