Loading ramp traction

hmmc

Reaction score
What is every body using for traction on trailers? Any good ideas out there or any pics. Thanks in advance.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't tried it myself but everyone says a old plastic boxliner into about 8" strips works great, and cheap. I've got puckboard on my deck ramp and it works good to. If you want to spend the money, it's about $100 for superglides, however either of the first two get the job done just fine.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An old low profile (like 1/2") track, turned over and screwed down upside down. a 2' chunk makes a lot of differeance.

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't tried it myself but everyone says a old plastic boxliner into about 8" strips works great, and cheap. I've got puckboard on my deck ramp and it works good to. If you want to spend the money, it's about $100 for superglides, however either of the first two get the job done just fine.

I use the cut up pieces of bed liner and work great........., and put the same thing on the ramp for loading the sled on my truck, like night and day. for the ski's I used superglides, not only do they work great for quad and sleds, you can stand on them and not slip too.

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Father in law has always used plywood strips when he had to but if you stick with wood he said that one of the best things is cut down hockey stick shafts. Its also really cheap if you already frequent the rinks and grab a "broken" stick from the garbage bin. Usually its only the blade thats toast and you dont want that anyway.

Also a lot of guys use old discarded tracks cut up and fastened to the deck. And I have to admit that I have advised the puck board before for ski sliding but after the last couple times unloading where I almost broke my neck just pulling the cord to start up the beast I would now rec the sliders - they cost more money but they wont be half as bad as the puck board when standing on them.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the old track idea is beautiful. i have a tilt trailer and drive right on with no problems. even if its iced up

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
something for the skis, bed liner or super glides because of traction are great but I have never had any slipage or issues loading into my trailer, but aggree the hockey stick thing works and I have seen it on many.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is every body using for traction on trailers? Any good ideas out there or any pics. Thanks in advance.

I have a tilt deck trailer and cut two sections 16"-18" long and screwed it to the deck where the sled would sit. No matter if the trailer is full of snow or iced up I always have traction.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have poly boxliner for the ski's, and usually hit the ramp at a good pace to avoid a loss of traction, which people usually cringe when i do it, but so far so good.

Years ago i did sell my zr900 to a guy who was a plumber who built his own tailgate that would fold into a ramp. i saw him launch the skis through the rear window and then clear the cab, tough the hood with his but and land on the ground, first ride out!!!

Top Bottom