little RZR

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how good these little RZR's are looking to maybe get one for my son in the spring just wondering if the would be good for trail rideing and such

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a couple this summer and they went very well.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked 1 up this XMas for my girls. We put about 7hrs on it so far. I find it has good power. I'm 6'1" and 230lbs. I fit no problem to take the kids & show them how to drive. It is low &not much clearance so I made an Alum skid plate. Other thing
But we've had it in & out of the ditches around the property and no issues.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've got one for our girls that are 10 and 12, it needs a skid plate and larger tires as the clearence isn't great but it seems to have enough power for them to keep up with us fine.
I like the seat belts and cage, that was the main reason we went with it.

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the seat belt and cage is the reason I am thinking about it as well that and my son is a little mad man on the throttle

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the seat belt and cage is the reason I am thinking about it as well that and my son is a little mad man on the throttle

Then I suggest getting something with a cut off switch, you can have all the protection in the world and still get hurt. Maybe learning basic riding skills before unleashing in a rzr mini.

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he already rips around on his 110 quad and is pretty good but ya will probable put on some sort of cut switch on it maybe a remote one

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had one great machine my kids kind of outgrew it but if i had less agressive girls quading i would buy one again they were getting too agressive on rzr so i got them a 4x4 quad but if they come out with a smaller kids 4x4 rzr model i will go back in a heartbeat

Reaction score
We've got one for our girls that are 10 and 12, it needs a skid plate and larger tires as the clearence isn't great but it seems to have enough power for them to keep up with us fine.
I like the seat belts and cage, that was the main reason we went with it.

+1 on the skid plate. Factory UTV sells them for $379 USD. It seems steep, but trust me...it's well worth it. A floor pan for the RZR 170 costs $368 CAD and a side skirt costs $142 CAD. I have seen the Factory UTV skid plates on other forums for discounted prices for forum members.

I bought a 170 for my son and didn't look into the skid plate until it was already too late. Needless to say, I will be getting one now.

he already rips around on his 110 quad and is pretty good but ya will probable put on some sort of cut switch on it maybe a remote one

IMHO....I don't think it's necessary to put a switch on it. My son is 8 and he's been riding his 4wheeler as well as a Mini Z and a CRF 50 since he was 3yrs old. Trust me, his 50 cc 4wheeler goes faster. I tell him to "use it" and don't "abuse it", but I don't encourage him to be a little mad man.

Here's some pics of what he puts his through.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The skid plate is a must. The bad thing is the price to get the Factory UTV plate into Canada. I had them price it out for me and $650 US for skid plate with shipping and duty was what out to lunch.
You can pick up a 4x8 sheet of 1/8" Alum for $200. I made up a cardboard template and then cut it out in Alum. Handfull of rivits and good to go! I'll put up some pics tonight.

Attachments

• Xmas 09 018.jpg
    Xmas 09 018.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 35
  • rzr 001.jpg
    rzr 001.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 41
  • rzr 005.jpg
    rzr 005.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

trailthumper

Reaction score
there is a limiter on the gas pedal that limits the amount it will move so you can set the speed you are comfortable with, I found out that trailarmor has come out wiyh a nice skide plate for the rzr 170 with built in nurf bars and there is a trailarmor dealer in Wataskiwin you can view it at www.trailarmor.com and click on the new items, it looks like it protects the under belly,sides,engine and rear axle

Attachments

• gun 005.jpg
    gun 005.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 36
  • gun 004.jpg
    gun 004.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 47

trailthumper

Reaction score
Just called there Alberta dealer (Central Sled and Cycle 780-352-4100) and he told me after shipping and exchange if would cost about $440.00 for the complete skid, I know a sheet of checker plate aluminum is about $300 to $350 a sheet so i don't know it might not be to bad concitering it was $350 to replace the fan and shrouds when the kids went over a rock and it went in between the frame and the swing arm and then $400 FOR THE FLOOR WHEN THEY HIT ANOTHER ROCK AND BLEW THE WHOLE DRIVERS SIDE OF THE FLOOR OUT
Culvert how much was your skid and how much time was spent making the template, cutting it out and putting it on?

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a deal on the sheet of alum from work. But I called IM Industries in Edmonton & a 4x8, 1/8" alum sheet is $210. Took me 1hr with my daughters helping make the template. Another 2hr to cut it out and then clamp and drill holes and rivited right to frame.

Top Bottom