LinQ Gas Can -- Thoughts?

Ianhcr800

Reaction score
what is everyones thoughts on the new brp gas can. Old style ones sucked my dad and I ripped both of ours off. let me know what people think of them. thanks

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is everyones thoughts on the new brp gas can. Old style ones sucked my dad and I ripped both of ours off. let me know what people think of them. thanks

My linq lasted 3 rides. Running up the trail up to frisbie it broke off a km before the cabin. Didn't hit anything and trail was freshly groomed. The little handle you turn that locks it in broke. Haven't talked to dealer about replacement yet

Ianhcr800

Reaction score
well the mountain addiction gas cans are starting to look prettttyyyy good right now lol. whats a good place to order them off of?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the mountain addiction gas cans are starting to look prettttyyyy good right now lol. whats a good place to order them off of?

Had them. Work awesome. Never came off on me except one time I rolled my sled an they hit a stump knocked them clean off so ditch them at the cabin if you plan on doing some logging

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 out of 3 on our sleds broke. Tried to take them off and fuel the sleds when it was cold. Barely pulled the lever and they snapped clean off. Not to impressed

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird. I have the bag and can. I usually dump the gas can once up top. The storage bag stays on all day. 10 beers. Water. Tools. Saw. Flashlight. Tow rope. Lots of weight in mine and no problems. 950 km so far. Maybe I should also strap it on for back up

Last edited:

bbsummit1

Reaction score
I picked up a new 800 E teck this year and looked at all the cans out there, Then was told that with the E teck you don't need a can, Been to Valemount twice this year and have never come close to needing fuel, Just a thought

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a new 800 E teck this year and looked at all the cans out there, Then was told that with the E teck you don't need a can, Been to Valemount twice this year and have never come close to needing fuel, Just a thought

ya i would love to know where some of these people are going. must be far LOL. One day this season i needed extra fuel but it was a long ways in, a sunny day with deep snow and i was out of energy anyways.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did 84 miles last weekend in revy. In about 2-3 ' fresh. Burnt a full tank and my gas can. Still ran out 1 km from my truck

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did 84 miles last weekend in revy. In about 2-3 ' fresh. Burnt a full tank and my gas can. Still ran out 1 km from my truck

How long was your gas light on? Mine went on in the alpine and then I drove down from chapel creek. About 32km. Didn't run out but I bet I was close

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long was your gas light on? Mine went on in the alpine and then I drove down from chapel creek. About 32km. Didn't run out but I bet I was close

I was riding at a little hideaway spot. Similar long ride in as Chappell. My light was on around 30 km. I would guess you would have been super close to empty

Last edited:

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive only run out of fuel once, but I rode the piss out of her all day. As for the old style fuels caddy, ive never had a problem with it, never had it fallen off, or anything. My only complaint is that its tough to pour, but not a huge deal really.

Suck to hear the new fuel caddys are failing.... but I find the # reason for failure in the mountains is poor maintenance and installation before you head out. I do a once over me sled before every trip and look at almost every bolt to ensure nothings is coming apart on me....

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive only run out of fuel once, but I rode the piss out of her all day. As for the old style fuels caddy, ive never had a problem with it, never had it fallen off, or anything. My only complaint is that its tough to pour, but not a huge deal really.

Suck to hear the new fuel caddys are failing.... but I find the # reason for failure in the mountains is poor maintenance and installation before you head out. I do a once over me sled before every trip and look at almost every bolt to ensure nothings is coming apart on me....

its not the quality of install thats failing on the linQ, its the plastic on the can itself breaking. the tab that locks in under the hook you drill and bolt on to the tunnel is what is breaking.

Top Bottom