Limitless deck vs marathon

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The limitless will be about 10 years newer than the marathon but also 4 times the price and twice as heavy. I'd find a nice older marathon and put some work into it re-wiring, re-decking, and maybe powder-coating the sides and headache rack black. The limitless look nice but the marathons are readily available and well proven to last.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the limitless seal up around the box edges to make your box weather and dust proof?

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the limitless seal up around the box edges to make your box weather and dust proof?

No it doesn't. Only deck ive seen do that is the Truck Boss.

The Limitless deck is nice, I was looking at them at the sled show last year and would take that over the Marlon Pro that I have and both are priced around the same.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The Limitless deck is nice, I was looking at them at the sled show last year and would take that over the Marlon Pro that I have and both are priced around the same.

M line but their website seems to no longer come up, anybody know if they are still around?

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

whats your reasoning behind that, better build quality?

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you guys recommend for those under deck slider things? Not sure what they are called lol

but basically they mimic the box but slide out for accessibility

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M line but their website seems to no longer come up, anybody know if they are still around?
Mline went out of business. Nice decks but they all have their flaws. All my marker lights are falling off. Wire shorted out for marker light from bare wire from install. The fancy lights on rack line up perfect with skis if hauling one sled. Wasn’t hard decision to remove them as they blind the fawk out of whoever loads anyway.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mline went out of business. Nice decks but they all have their flaws. All my marker lights are falling off. Wire shorted out for marker light from bare wire from install. The fancy lights on rack line up perfect with skis if hauling one sled. Wasn’t hard decision to remove them as they blind the fawk out of whoever loads anyway.
And paid for the fancy deck boards, was told they were back ordered but would be in soon. Never heard back from them. Out of business! It doesn’t always work pay for what you get!

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats your reasoning behind that, better build quality?

I prefer the way the slide system works, seems like it would be better with less resistance when you get road grim everywhere. I prefer he top deck material, aluminum is nice but it starts oxidizing over time.

That being said ive never owned a Limitless deck so after a few years with I could think otherwise.

Heavybrewster

Reaction score
I am in the same delima. Should i buy a Limitless or Marlon sled deck? Anyone with real world experience on both?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The early Marlons all seemed to have really saggy side extensions but the newer ones seem better.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get the impression that Limitless are expensive and not well-loved by their owners.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the guys around here like their limitless
I find the top area to be slippery for walking

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddie bought a new Marlon last year. It seems well built and is holding up very well. Hope it helps

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my limitless deck for 4 season now. I keep it on all year, only slight complaint would be lights burning out and the powder coat on the corners coming off.

But really good customer service, I just text the sales dude and he sends what I need

The decking does get sketch at times but I just make sure I’m holding a sled or do the shuffle walk lol

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my truckboss in 2012
Been through 4 trucks
Usually have it on year round
Wore out the ramp (going to 12’ was nice anyway) and the ramp holders but still great and leak free onto my drawer full of gear underneath

Top Bottom