likes & dislikes

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kinda sled does everybody have? what mods? what to you like about it and dislike about it?

This thread should get plenty lively...........I will spread out the tarp so we dont get BLOOD all over the floor........RK can do the Restoration Clean-Up:d

I'll start I'll ride anything as long as it's NOT made IN QUEBEC!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::d

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread should get plenty lively...........I will spread out the tarp so we dont get BLOOD all over the floor........RK can do the Restoration Clean-Up:d

I'll start I'll ride anything as long as it's NOT made IN QUEBEC!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::d

Myself , I dont care if she speaks French!!!!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The past 3 seasons I've went from Poo to Doo to Cat.....I'm a sled whore; I just love them all!!!:beer::beer:

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i used to be a doo man but then i went to a cat. All seem to get me into the same trouble.:tree1:

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a Mountain Magic Polaris Gen II mod - love it - well all but the rear skid that is. Works well in the pow but brutal on the trail. Built in 2000 and still reasonably competitive with todays sleds. Bought a Nytro also - no mods on that. Wanted something that no wrenching is required at this point.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I ride an 08 doo, first doo, and I like everything about it except the uncertainties about its reliability. I haven't had too much trouble with it but everyone says that it'll have its day???? But what doo they know from the bottom of the hill :rant: Until then I'll ride it like a rental :d

green momba

Reaction score
I will ride any sled as long as it is around 400 pounds like them better if the are under. Did I mention I like to fix. well I don't but you have to pick the lesser of two evils. Can't beat the 16 wide 2.5 track. And those little seats you don't sit on. lol . Can't wait for SNOW..

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like SNOW and I dislike buying FUEL:d but if it pulls in the snow and burns fuel, I will RIDE it. wet,hard,dry,dirty, whatever! and if it requires Bananana JAM I am out.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ride a cat.........Happy its not a Poo!
catmando!

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
01 Bombi 700 Summit 151. Stock engine. Some minor mods to the driveline and chassis. It's like a rap star,practically bulletproof. Has never had to been towed out of the back country
DSC00271.jpg
. I will try to post a pic.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
05 900 RMK with a 2.4" 151 track.
likes: with the torque of the 900 and the 2.4" track the sled is a mountain goat. riding in deep snow is amazing cause it is so easy to handle (sidehilling is effortless). the seat height is the best of any stock sleds in 05, it's much easier on my knees. some may laugh but the rider select bars are nice. set them low for the really cold days and ripping down the trail to hills and then up to the top when I'm playing. The shovel holder on the back is great for my 2nd shovel to dig out a stuck sled. The 17" of travel in the back is awesome.
dislikes: the stock skis - bought 08 grippers, stock spindles - bought 08 take-offs. It handles so much better on the trails now. Running boards collect snow/ice without installing sno-eliminators. the fuel gauge is a joke. fAnd finally, the front bumper which can never be used to pull or lift with. Needs a sticker to keep friend from lifting there. :)

I don't know if I can beat any other sleds cause I'm not into highmarking. My brothers 05 rev will smoke mine on a flat drag race. Something about skidoos that just launch off the line.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have had them all and liked the certain ones for what the offered.

the two i have now are nice, one short track polaris 900 for around the house and the skipoop for the hills is nice, need to add another short track as the little lady has grown quite fond of the 9er and i hate riding the long track around. i may switch the skis to the outside for ditch banging and trail riding, or the better idea is I would love another zr900. i had a 06 and loved it.

3 sleds is better then 2.......but knowing from past experience, you end up being your friend (who sold his having a baby story) sled rental pal:nono:

Top Bottom