Liked my chevy until !!

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Other day my 05 duramx 6.6l started blowing coolant out of the overflow - Did a little digging - guess the 05 have a problem with head gaskets - updated gasket came out on 06 !! Another BIG project !!

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah - checked into warranty - no go by dealership - over in time - only 119k on truck - may have a little conversation with GM concerning why they updated gasket in 06! so if the gasket was failing shouldnt they be responsible for repair! ?

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope ...theres a reason why powertrain warranty is what it is....try maybe a goodwill adjustment
Yah - checked into warranty - no go by dealership - over in time - only 119k on truck - may have a little conversation with GM concerning why they updated gasket in 06! so if the gasket was failing shouldnt they be responsible for repair! ?

hecks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might as well put ARP studs in during your gasket change. Cause doing the heads is a pain in the azz....and wallet.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Send a PM to "slomo" on here. He will be able to let you know if there is something gm can do. He is a super good guy to deal with and is very knowkledgeable..

Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two years ago i had the gauge cluster go on the fritz on me on my 2003 chevy p/u and chevy covered it under goodwill warranty and the truck was atleast 7model years old.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gee- maybe some hope for goodwill warranty - will call GM customer service in the am

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sucks that you're having issues with it, but the truck is 6, going on 7 model years old. Expecting warranty is a little much.

Some manufacturers warranty is up to 10 years, heck dodge has 7 years on the engine for a while. 5 years warranty isn't very long.......IMO it should be based a lot more on km's as years doesn't affect it nearly as much.

A company who stands behind their product shouldn't have a problem providing a long warranty.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gee- maybe some hope for goodwill warranty - will call GM customer service in the am

Good luck, doesn't matter which one it is, all of them are the same. Enough of us have a hard enough trying to get something fixed ON warranty.

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 05 blew right after i got home from revy 2 decs ago (during that coldsnap) $3500 but it was covered by warranty :)

$3500 for new headgaskets? That is a good price! My local Stealership quoted my $7600 bux on my 05.
I think they said it was 36.5 hours of labour.
I ended up getting it done for 4grand flat - cash. I was pretty stoked when I got that price. (full gaskets and ARP studs)
It's an extremely well known problem with the 05 duramax's.

wilsonck

Reaction score
I had mine done on my 05 and it was quoted at 36.5 hours. The warranty bill to GM ended up being close to $6000

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did talk to GM tech - he said usually takes him three days to replace head gaskets - parts r around $1000 - plus labour. If GM wont help with cost I'll be doing it myself ! I do run programmer - doesnt everyone !

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
$3500 for new headgaskets? That is a good price! My local stealership quoted my $7600 bux on my 05.
I think they said it was 36.5 hours of labour.
I ended up getting it done for 4grand flat - cash. I was pretty stoked when i got that price. (full gaskets and arp studs)
it's an extremely well known problem with the 05 duramax's.

hmmmm, should have come seen me......... We've done 2 in the last month and was less than 4g's easily

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did talk to GM tech - he said usually takes him three days to replace head gaskets - parts r around $1000 - plus labour. If GM wont help with cost I'll be doing it myself ! I do run programmer - doesnt everyone !

I do too on my '06 LLY. I'm not expecting any warranty if I do have issues.

Top Bottom