Lifted Trucks With Decks..

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score
I thought i seen a topic before about lifted trucks and sled decks..
Just looking for some thoughts and how your truck handles with a deck and 2 sleds.. Iam really on the edge about buying a deck for my rig..

If you could let me know:
Truck- 1/2ton 3/4ton 1 ton. etc
Box Size-?
Lift Size-?
Tire Size-?
What kind and style deck you have..
and if you have any extras, helper springs/air bags.....
Pics are always a bonus..

Thanks, Sorry if this is a re-post, if so can someone point me in the right direction..
Thanks Throttle-Junkie

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Airbags will stop the side sway, just pump them up about 25% more than what you're hauling.:twocents:

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Doug. So whats the deal. Are you buyin a deck now??? I wouldnt worry about bags, the springs in our trucks are stiff enough. I got info from another memeber here that builds them and if you PM me ur number ill call you some day here and we can bs about them. You back workin yet. Also, you comin out for christmas to revy with me and josh from the 27th to the first??? Ya cause im buyin a deck here this month.

Kiel.

Hey also, there is a SP 440 cat for sale in the classifieds. there was also some in the bargin finder a few weeks ago.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Catzuki have you looked into HIGH RISE decks, i see a guy in Lethbridge has a new one......do you know where they come from

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Catzuki have you looked into HIGH RISE decks, i see a guy in Lethbridge has a new one......do you know where they come from

Ya he is in BC. If you go onto snowest he has them for sale on there. His name is matt and his user name on there is matto. I think they are 3200 with leds,10' ramp, and superclamps. nice lookin deck, but i cant justify 32-3700 on a deck.

GRD

Reaction score
Ya he is in BC. If you go onto snowest he has them for sale on there. His name is matt and his user name on there is matto. I think they are 3200 with leds,10' ramp, and superclamps. nice lookin deck, but i cant justify 32-3700 on a deck.

Does HIGH RISE have a website.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does HIGH RISE have a website.

Ill find here tonite and post it up for you. There is a member on here that also builds deck. He bought out ekholm fabrication. He is now excel and i have seen the old ekholm decks and they are fixed decks, but a very nice and stury deck that is for sure.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here are a few different deck manu factures web sites.

High rise decks, Made in BC

Untitled Document

BullDog Decks, Made in BC

STF Decks, Sylvan Lake,AB

STFDecks.com : Sled/Quad Decks & Trailers - Eckville, AB

Custom decks LTD, States side

there are so many out there, im like most guys on here though. i shop for the best deal. For the amount they get used, its hard to jusftify 3500 on one.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Marathon deck on my 2500HD Crew Cab Short box GMC (no lift though), and there is no need for anything more than the stock suspension for stiffness. I also pull a 2 place trailer behind it, and it handles quite well with everything loaded up. The marathon deck is very good. The ramps are 10.5' and if you have a longbox, you can get the 12' ramps for it. The sides retract to the same width as the box, and there is some kind of plastic around the aluminum where it slides. I have been very happy with it so far (2 years). It came with superclamps, and I think that the new ones come with superglides on them as well. Just my 2cents.

shoobear

Reaction score
Hey i run a 05 F350 with a 7" lift.
I have a 8' steel deck. Rear sags a bit.I have a set of airbags but they are not installed yet.

Top Bottom