lift kits ????

menmysportsmn

Reaction score
i just orderd a gorilla 2 inch front end lift and new springs from high lifter for my sportsman 800 think il run into any problems with that ? and do ya think i should get the rear lifted also i already have 13 inches with stock tires in the back because i tightn up the shocks all the way im going to get 28 inch silverbacks im not sher how the lifts work because when i lift up atv the wheels dont go down any more. does the lift do more then just tighten up the springs ??? :confused: and should i have went with high lifter instead for the lift ? i have alot to ask can some one please help me ???

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you won't have any problems but you should get a rear lift to. and your should have went with a rubberdown customs lift. the lift kit puts a spacer in the strut and under the springs. so the lift does not tighten up the spring. then you have to shave the bottom of the strut to that the cv boot does not rub it and tear it.

menmysportsmn

Reaction score
you won't have any problems but you should get a rear lift to. and your should have went with a rubberdown customs lift. the lift kit puts a spacer in the strut and under the springs. so the lift does not tighten up the spring. then you have to shave the bottom of the strut to that the cv boot does not rub it and tear it.

hmm well i already orderd the gorilla lift but maybe i could look into the the rear lift from rubberdown are they better then gorilla cause i was under the impression gorilla lift were the best can you give me a link to the site i could find the lift thanks

menmysportsmn

Reaction score
ya they are better. they are alot easier to install and alot better quality. and they look alot better. plus rubberdowns customer service is second to none. rubberdown customs - atv lift kits and accessories When Strength Matters, Do it your self, front and back kits you can get just the rear lift from him. just send him an email.

well i just got my gorilla lift today and put it on and it wasnt easy but i got the full 2 inches of lift out of it plus with the high lifter shocks i have a full 13 inches of clearence all around with stock tires so when i get my new tires i should have atleast 15 inches thanks for the info about rubber down but im not all that sher if i need the lift for the rear but if i was to do it over i would go rubber down not sher how it rides yet i didnt have a chance to take out

Top Bottom