License plate legalities

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it legal to 'massage' a license plate to fit into a 4x7 frame? And is it also legal to have the plate mounted sideways? I assume its the same for all of Canada but anyway I am in BC

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure see lots of them done, I'm not sure how legal it is but have always wondered.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen it in writing but have heard that altering the plate is illegal and mounting sideways is also illegal. Sure do see lots of them out there. Probably wouldn't ever get a ticket for it unless you get pulled over for something else and then the cop throws the book at ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watched a guy get an expensive ticket on cruise night at Tim Hortons. His was for trimming his license plate. I'm not sure about sideways.

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive done it and been warned about it.....Cop told me it was the queens property, i asked how that could be i clearly have a reciept proving i bought it and own it infact i can prove its registered to me:)

keep in mind i knew the cop (fellow rider) and he called me a smart ass but did warn me that it was illegal and i can be ticked for it for defacing the queens property.

been over the boarder a few times and never got hasstled tho

Top Bottom