Let's talk skidsteers

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an older Bobcat 753. Nice little machine overall, there are times I wish it could lift a little more but I can lift a round bale on flat ground or uphill. I like that it can get in places that are a little tighter than my Dad’s Cat 246D as it is a nimble little machine. Naturally aspirated Kubota engine will last forever as well. Mine is under 2000hrs still and the dealer figured I could get 18 for it if I wanted to sell it privately but I don’t have the extra cash to get something in decent shape a little bigger right now.

I have the same machine

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever run a Gehl? See them come up at a not bad price every so often

Depends on the machine, a lot of machines are built by the same company. For example the gehl, mustang, and takeuchi track machines for a few years were all the same, just rebranded takeuchi and they make a very tough machine, although scott equipment is the only dealer here now, which is a massive downside. Many run the Yanmar engine, which is one of the best you will find in a skidsteer. The t-bar controls are from the stone ages but if you like them, there is deals to be had because most people won't even look at a skidsteer with them.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever run a Gehl? See them come up at a not bad price every so often

I wouldn’t touch one....other than some of the tracked models that takehuchi built for them, the rest were a hodgepodge of parts sourced from everywhere and thrown together.... almost zero dealer support as well. Unfortunately decent skid steers are like decent used pickups....they’re all being bought up and shipped to the states.

Top Bottom