Let's talk mountain bikes

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Canadian tire bike. I’m pretty happy with my full suspension schwinn. It served me very well, I am looking to upgrade to a ebike tho, I have Rocky Mountain in town but holy are they pricey.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Canadian tire bike. I’m pretty happy with my full suspension schwinn. It served me very well, I am looking to upgrade to a ebike tho, I have Rocky Mountain in town but holy are they pricey.

My first mountain bike in 1984 was a Canadian tire cheepo bike, it was all I could afford at the time but I still had a lot of fun on it. Bent the rims the first day...seat post broke a couple weeks later and the brakes were horrible compared to my friends bikes. Not knocking cheep bikes at all, but your much better spending more and getting a much better bike.

There is a logarithmic curve with bike pricing and the gains you get with increased performance. Start at a low end of let’s say $300...doubling that to $600 gets a much better bike...doubling that to $1200 starts getting you into a longer term decent bike...doubling again to $2400 you will still see some decent gains in performance and longevity. This is where the curve starts getting really steep for the performance vs price gains. Double that $2400 to $4800 and then again to $9600 and you will see little gain in performance vs the amount spent, but for the super hardcore or very wealthy it is worth it to them.

My last two bikes have been the Giant brand as they are a good value. I ride my bikes into the ground before getting a new one. I have never sold one of my old bikes but I have given a few away...lol.

Good luck on your bike purchase.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well I found an inexpensive bike on Kijiji. Went and got it today. Hopefully it'll be good enough for doing some riding on gravel roads and simple trails.
3ab88bed178d911dd38d36caba55d6d5.jpg
b2e0999a70a4c6f6d65f936d2a6d98d7.jpg

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know guys are looking for entry level bikes but for anyone looking for a sweet "enduro" type mountain bike. Good for pedalling and down hill. I've got this for sale. Rocky mountain slayer. In the 5 to 6g range. About 9 to 10 new. Building up a new bike currently.

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3035348/
728ff5d2e9feef9ebe8c2cd0b87bfa2e.jpg

Top Bottom