Lets start thread on the nova scotia lobster protests

Kgra

Reaction score
What actual benefit does it do to fish out of season? They cannot sell them out of their own group, it illegal, I cannot go down to the wharf and buy from them.

Can’t say myself for on the wart, but here in B.C. most are selling the salmon they netted from the rivers when no one else is allowed to even fish them. Bad for wildlife management and again not contributing to taxes.

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my mind the fault for this falls squarely on the Supreme Court of Canada. There should never be a ruling on anything come out of that court, or any court for that matter, as deliberately vague as "moderate livelihood". WTF does that mean?!!! The Supreme Court of Canada is populated by a bunch of politically appointed cowards afraid to pizz anybody off by making a definitive ruling on virtually anything. It has to stop. Do your fawking jobs!

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can’t say myself for on the wart, but here in B.C. most are selling the salmon they netted from the rivers when no one else is allowed to even fish them. Bad for wildlife management and again not contributing to taxes.

Yep you can buy em, just dont get caught with them. Any person in possession of fish or game out of season that is not treaty.....
So with 500 traps to fish and no real legal way of putting them on the market, how does the “ moderate livelihood” work for them I wonder.
My uncle is a NS fisherman, I love getting him riled up over this. Especially when I bring up, hey you voted for Trudeau, why are you so upset. Lol

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Say whatever you want about the Lobstermen, maybe they're Liberals, or even Trudeau supporters, but at least they have the balls to stand up for themselves. The way they're going about it might not be right, but I have a lot of respect for them for at least trying to make their views heard and understood.

Meanwhile here in Alberta we bend over and take it again, and again, and again...

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Say whatever you want about the Lobstermen, maybe they're Liberals, or even Trudeau supporters, but at least they have the balls to stand up for themselves. The way they're going about it might not be right, but I have a lot of respect for them for at least trying to make their views heard and understood.

Meanwhile here in Alberta we bend over and take it again, and again, and again...

You bet!
They are standing up for what they feel is right (against aboriginals takes balls)- look how fast those people that lay on tracks are asking for charges to be laid...........two faced whiners.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet!
They are standing up for what they feel is right (against aboriginals takes balls)- look how fast those people that lay on tracks are asking for charges to be laid...........two faced whiners.

Trudeau's handling of the rail blockades are going to be a detriment to this nation for a long time, his inaction in removing the protestors has signaled that acts like these are acceptable. If he brings the hammer down on the fisherman he will be showing how 2-tiered our society really is, because in principle the 2 incidents are the same, the only thing that varies is which side the white man is on.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just like giving my uncle a hard time, and no he did not vote liberal the last time, first time he did. Lol
We have been talking about this ordeal before it really became news out here.
There are Hardcore unions and association members down east. I remember when the truckers association went on strike, not much left of a non association member truck, cut air lines, etc, they made sure you didn’t work.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just like giving my uncle a hard time, and no he did not vote liberal the last time, first time he did. Lol
We have been talking about this ordeal before it really became news out here.
There are Hardcore unions and association members down east. I remember when the truckers association went on strike, not much left of a non association member truck, cut air lines, etc, they made sure you didn’t work.
There in lies the problem. Unions. To powerful and need to go. Getting rich off the backs of the workers and negotiate for themselves first.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm certainly glad that I had a union when the bastard company that I worked for was after our pension. Sorry now back on the topic
There in lies the problem. Unions. To powerful and need to go. Getting rich off the backs of the workers and negotiate for themselves first.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure this can get any more hypocritical, now the RCMP are coming under fire for not doing enough to protect the first nations. Out of one corner of their mouth they want independence and removal of the RCMP from first nation land, and out of the other they want unconditional protection from any other group to be provided by the RCMP.

During an online conversation with the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs, the senator criticized the RCMP for "literally standing by and doing nothing" while criminal acts were being committed.

"To me, (it) was an act of negligence," Sinclair said, adding that he had submitted a complaint to the RCMP's complaints commission. "They were in fact facilitating the actions of the (non-Indigenous) fishers."

Either way looks like the lobster can't be sold anyway, and no one wants to sell them traps.

"It's like we've been blacklisted, and we're just hopeful that we can quickly come to some resolution and expedite getting our lobster to market," Sack said, adding that the band is also having a hard time buying new lobster traps.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure this can get any more hypocritical, now the RCMP are coming under fire for not doing enough to protect the first nations. Out of one corner of their mouth they want independence and removal of the RCMP from first nation land, and out of the other they want unconditional protection from any other group to be provided by the RCMP.

During an online conversation with the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs, the senator criticized the RCMP for "literally standing by and doing nothing" while criminal acts were being committed.

"To me, (it) was an act of negligence," Sinclair said, adding that he had submitted a complaint to the RCMP's complaints commission. "They were in fact facilitating the actions of the (non-Indigenous) fishers."

Either way looks like the lobster can't be sold anyway, and no one wants to sell them traps.

"It's like we've been blacklisted, and we're just hopeful that we can quickly come to some resolution and expedite getting our lobster to market," Sack said, adding that the band is also having a hard time buying new lobster traps.

I am a bit out of the loop with these topics. Someone please clarify/correct me if I’m wrong

During the (TM?) pipeline protests some indigenous Ppl blocked cn from moving by trying to derail trains if they didn’t stop...which would/could injure a loooot of innocent ppl. And when RCMP went to peacefully remove said protesters they put up a fight and got super irate when they were arrested for illegal blockades

And now they are fishing/trapping whatever it’s referred to out of season, in essence taking away from mating season etc . Making it harder for commercial lobsterman to make a living. Annndd are now crying wolf for the boys in blue?

Am I out to a steak lunch orrrr?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a bit out of the loop with these topics. Someone please clarify/correct me if I’m wrong

During the (TM?) pipeline protests some indigenous Ppl blocked cn from moving by trying to derail trains if they didn’t stop...which would/could injure a loooot of innocent ppl. And when RCMP went to peacefully remove said protesters they put up a fight and got super irate when they were arrested for illegal blockades

And now they are fishing/trapping whatever it’s referred to out of season, in essence taking away from mating season etc . Making it harder for commercial lobsterman to make a living. Annndd are now crying wolf for the boys in blue?

Am I out to a steak lunch orrrr?

Replace TM with Coastal Gaslink and you are spot on.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

[FONT=&quot]"the loss of potential sales have cost the band more than $1.5 million "

Good article. Moderate [/FONT]
[FONT=Open Sans, serif]livelihood? Ya.....right![/FONT]

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm certainly glad that I had a union when the bastard company that I worked for was after our pension. Sorry now back on the topic

Same here. Per our joint labor agreement our pension funds were held by an actuary by the time they decided they wanted it, so they needed the unions permission to steal it from us. That company sold us to the Indonesian Mafia, then went broke. We never would've seen that money again if our union hadn't told them to pound sand. And I couldn't have retired! That would suck!

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question? I always thought that the first nations access to out of season hunting and fishing was solely based on them having the ability to hunt or fish for their own personal consumption? This was how it was drawn up by government in its infancy was it not? When I hear statements like it has hurt the bands in the loss of $1.5 million dollars I start to wonder what has happened to the original concept of their backcountry access to provide for themselves??

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question? I always thought that the first nations access to out of season hunting and fishing was solely based on them having the ability to hunt or fish for their own personal consumption? This was how it was drawn up by government in its infancy was it not? When I hear statements like it has hurt the bands in the loss of $1.5 million dollars I start to wonder what has happened to the original concept of their backcountry access to provide for themselves??

Yes thats the how the treaty is wrote.

I read an article with a legal opinion on it the other day about the “moderate livelihood” meaning.
It said that phrase when it mentioned in that treaty when it was signed, ment something way different back than.
It did not mean for financial gain and accumulation of wealth but to provide for themselves.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7405129/nova-scotia-fishery-dispute-moderate-livelihood/

Last edited:

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes thats the how the treaty is wrote.

I read an article with a legal opinion on it the other day about the “moderate livelihood” meaning.
It said that phrase when it mentioned in that treaty when it was signed, ment something way different back than.
It did not mean for financial gain and accumulation of wealth but to provide for themselves.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7405129/nova-scotia-fishery-dispute-moderate-livelihood/
Much like US right to bear arms ...intention of what was written 250 years ago and should be interpreted in accordance of time period in which it originated .... Much like all of this woke **** ...
Fish to your hearts content using 2 century old technology (no motorised boats / haulers / winches / steel mesh traps / gps / etc) but if you want to fish commercially with 21st century equipment then get a loan and buy a license otherwise FO

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The natives will eventually be given full access to that lobster fishery. They’ll be allowed, just like they are everywhere else in Canada, full reign to abuse and slaughter wildlife resources to the brink of extermination, in a politically correct attempt by the government to suck up to the natives.
once the lobster fishery is destroyed, the natives will be paid not to fish, and the white commercial fishermen that follow the rules will be forced into bankruptcy and made to sell their boats and find other jobs.

Top Bottom