Lets start thread on the nova scotia lobster protests

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure wish we could all get treated the same.

Somehow this country seems to think it's better if, depending who your parents are, you get a different set of rights and restrictions and laws to follow. I've never understood how that is a better system than everyone being born equal in Canada.

I've also never understood how a contract between people that died 150 years ago applies to me or my fellow currently alive citizens. Can I write up a contract that my great-great-great grandchildren own your great-great-great grandchildren continual payment, and expect the government to enforce it in 2170? I'm no lawyer but that doesn't seem like a contract that should remain in place once you and I are dead.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somehow this country seems to think it's better if, depending who your parents are, you get a different set of rights and restrictions and laws to follow. I've never understood how that is a better system than everyone being born equal in Canada.

I've also never understood how a contract between people that died 150 years ago applies to me or my fellow currently alive citizens. Can I write up a contract that my great-great-great grandchildren own your great-great-great grandchildren continual payment, and expect the government to enforce it in 2170? I'm no lawyer but that doesn't seem like a contract that should remain in place once you and I are dead.
Well said.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of my co workers from Nova Scotia are saying it is hard to feel any empathy for the NDN when they drive escalades to the pier.....ya they REALLY need lobster money, ****ing joke. This will decide the future of Canada IMO..... "Acadia" my a-hole

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And special considerations in court if you are native.WTF.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
'It's stealing food off our plates': Mi'kmaw fisher says of DFO seizing traps
The chief of Potlotek First Nation met with federal officials Friday after the Assembly of Nova Scotia Mi’kmaw Chiefs has called itsconsultation with representatives from Ottawa a failure. https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/it-s-st...aw-fisher-says-of-dfo-seizing-traps-1.5158966

Humm, whining about the DFO seizing traps that are not tagged

Top Bottom