Lefty throttle sticks..causes crash

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a look at this video on another site..I am not quite sure why buddy needed to use his lefty in the spot but he had a rough go of it after...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OuOr4x0JDc[/media]

dooski

Reaction score
Thats what the emergency tether cord is for, it works when attach it to yourself, just my 2 cents worth

GRD

Reaction score
Had a look at this video on another site..I am not quite sure why buddy needed to use his lefty in the spot but he had a rough go of it after...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OuOr4x0JDc[/media]

That tree was large! Surprised there was not more damage!

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
That reason right there is why I would never put one on my sled.
I agree with you why would you put somthing on your sled that is prone to cause a crash. I've heard all the excuses,forgot it was hooked up, my glove got stuck in it, the branch that I rubbed hit the lefty, but the most common is it just stuck open sorry. I don't like a lefty following me if it sticks I don't want to be run over sad to say but I saw that happen just about a broken back yes the lefty stuck (rider had teather on) and ran over the sled leading it happens that fast. If you have a lefty don't worry it can't happen to you just the other people. :rant: rant over.

RevBlk

Reaction score
That is why I don't ride in front of Lefty Lucy's. It happens far to often. Even when the tether is used, usually results in a crushed heat exchanger for the poor bugger that gets rear ended. Just my .02.

MooseMc

Reaction score
That gut should have tried a Gold Finger left hand throttle instead it might have worked better lmao to the tree smasher :d:d

yamahacurtis

Reaction score
I seen it happen on a mountain nytro last year. There is no teather on newer Yamaha's!! One broken sled and one trip to the hospital.

W

woodies

oh my god a lefty did it!B.S.your over ride will shut off the motor if no hand on the throttle!if its working right!its the one time everything goes south you see a train wreck!installed right your good.and also the tether is great because you get bucked off the engine dies and no ghost rider effect!my 1 cent

bcboy

Reaction score
just made a lefty. what i noticed is people just leave the cable hanging there which the cable can bind inside the housing. i zipstraped mine all the way along the bars. and it will work problem free and i will be puting a tether cord on.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats kinda funny, man it went through the tree without a dent, the old doos are built better than my rev.

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in the Gold Finger there is a safety pin to be removed for when your climbing not on flat ground still funny though:d

.08rider

Reaction score
I wish I had video of my buddy's crash. Took the sled off the truck pulled the rope, throttle stuck wide open straight into the house, I still piss myself thinking about it, a total write off! 500 lbs missell straight into the farm house!

Top Bottom