LED Dome Lights in Mission Trailers

znowman_9

Reaction score
I've been in a couple trailers and when it comes to good quality, Mission is a nicely built trailer. So what im wondering is what brand of LED dome lights come with those trailers. In particular the ones that have 3 LED's in a triangular configuration with a nice chrome trim ring around the outside.

Mission guys?

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a mission guy but will chime in that I put 3 evenly spaced double light led trailer lights and hardly turn them on as I also put some strip light down each side of roof line. They are bright and reflect lots off the white interior. Next time I'd run from Center 2 strips spaced 1.5" apart full length (16' pieces usually) and would likely be all the light you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to hi jack this thread but is adding additional LED lighting pretty straightforward ? Just wire into existing lighting and add as many as you want ?? I would like to add some strips

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Don't mean to hi jack this thread but is adding additional LED lighting pretty straightforward ? Just wire into existing lighting and add as many as you want ?? I would like to add some strips

Yes, you can add them into exsisting power to lights. LED's especially in the strips barely draw any current. Just make sure you only tap into the wires, and seal them up well. Lots of humidity and moisture in sled trailers.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Anyone. Priced out the strips ? I got a dealer installed price of $940.00. On a special order trailer For 5 strips. Seems real high

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Anyone. Priced out the strips ? I got a dealer installed price of $940.00. On a special order trailer For 5 strips. Seems real high

Very easy to install them and cheap. $1k is a lot

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice. Thanks guys. Haven't been able to dig into it but it seemed excessive for sure Sounds like someone trying to bump the quote of the trailer

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got on eBay the $20 16' strips I put extra switch in and run a garden tractor battery in cupboard that's tied into system so it gets charged up $30-40 on sale , will run those lights for long time

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got on eBay the $20 16' strips I put extra switch in and run a garden tractor battery in cupboard that's tied into system so it gets charged up $30-40 on sale , will run those lights for long time

link plz....

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have a sticky back you peel off. If you're looking around, you just want to make sure you get the waterproof ones

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are going to look into LED strips, take a read of this thread I wrote a whole bunch of the different types.

https://www.snowandmud.com/tow-vehi...for-them/97533-trailer-interior-lighting.html

The 3528 ones are pretty dim in comparison to some of the newer style (5630) out there. Lastly PLEASE do the calculation on how many amps you are pulling. Just adding them to your current wiring may be okay if you just have a few meters, but doing long runs is asking for a fire/melted wiring. 5M of 5630's pulls about 120W. That doesn't sound like anything but at 12V that's 10 amps, plus the incandescent lamps, plus whatever else. Running a small battery is much safer like kovs mentioned.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have a sticky back you peel off. If you're looking around, you just want to make sure you get the waterproof ones

How good does that 3M work? Peel off in cold?

Top Bottom