leaving to cooke city in a few hours

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
me and 7 other buds are heading out to cooke city tonight, 9 hour drive for us so leaving tonight to get there for morning. was warming the 08 dragon 700 up and ran like a top like usual until............ it was idling for a few minutes than the idles dropped real low to the point that the lights and gauges were clickin on and off. would give er some revs and would rev up and all is good sit for a bit it would drop back down etc etc. still drives great just am worried. first trip to the mountains and worried this might be a issue. do you guys think its something to worry about or what could be causing the problem? any help would be great as we are leaving in a couple hours

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
should also add it keeps fouling the plugs, put a new set in and rode for 10min before shutting it down, sat all afternoon fired up to warm up fouled em again

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last years gas? throw some octane boost in the tank. My xp did the same thing in revy a couple weeks ago. Once it burped it out she ran like a top.:beer:

estevanflatlander

Reaction score
no got new gas in her, put 100 miles on her so far this year, talked to timbo he figures the voltage regulator is crapping out, just wanna know if i should have the dealer in cooke take a look at it before i head out into the back country. also dont think its the stator the voltage gauge in the display shows good power, it drops when the idles are down when the lights are clicking on and off but once revved up it pops right back up

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no got new gas in her, put 100 miles on her so far this year, talked to timbo he figures the voltage regulator is crapping out, just wanna know if i should have the dealer in cooke take a look at it before i head out into the back country. also dont think its the stator the voltage gauge in the display shows good power, it drops when the idles are down when the lights are clicking on and off but once revved up it pops right back up

Have it looked at in Cooke for piece of mind if you can.

Top Bottom