leaking oil

ski-doo

Reaction score
hey,
i own a 1997 ski-doo summit 670 and i have oil leaking out of the rave valves. Would the problem be the diaphragms inside?

Attachments

• 6054.jpg
    6054.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 6057.jpg
    6057.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 64

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
re: Rave leak

A little oil is normal, but I would remove the rave valves and inspect for any scoring or damage, or excessive looseness(wear) between the valve and the cylinder and then replace the small o-ring and gasket and recheck the diaphrams for any holes or cracks. The o-rings tend to get very hard and leak or crack(and really leak).:cool:

ski-doo

Reaction score
yeah there leaking alot. after a days ride, oil is everywhere. ill tempart this week sometime and check it out. Thanx for the info. ill let you know how it goes

ski-doo

Reaction score
i got the 1997 manual but if i can't figure it out ill get back to you. I noticed that on the 97 they have a zip tie around the diaphragm and on the 1999 they ahve a spring type coil. Do you know if i am able to use the spring one or do i have to get the zip tie type?

ski-doo

Reaction score
my aunt had a 99 summit and it used the coil spring type. i own a 1997 summit and it has the zip tie ones. ill just buy the zip tie ones but i havn't had a chance to tear into the rave valves yet to see if the diaphragm requires replacing. Iam going to sled to ministic on saturday possibly so hopfully i can tear into it tommorow

ski-doo

Reaction score
i bought the tie strap for the rave valve from martin and man is that britle. It just broke when i was trying to tighten it. I just put on a zip tie from home

Attachments

• 9657.jpg
    9657.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 65

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
Cant just use a zip tie-the head is to big and will bind on the housing an then the valve wont close-The factory ties are good if you can figure it out, but you can use the spring type-My 97FIII has them.

over sixfoot

Reaction score
use the springs.my 94 formula stx 583 had the tys..just chuk them ..replace the o rings.make shue you clean the raves spotless..and the litte holes down on the body...lube o rings up with a thin coat of two stroke oil and your good to go!! leo

Top Bottom