Leaking gas can

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good product I can purchase that seals the inside of your average red plastic gas can. I have a specific gas can to fit my sled that has a pin hole leak in the corner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have used "Seal All" on a leaking car gas tank and it stopped the leak. You can buy it at CT

Poo time

Reaction score
I have used urethane that you use to install windshields in vehicles. Brand name I found best is Sika tac drive. Clean area,scuff the area with course sand paper. Clean again then apply urethane and let it cure over night.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drill hole a bit bigger then put a tire valve in it. Works for those cans that don't have a breather vent for emptying

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. I'm leaning toward something I can put in the can, swish around and let settle in the corner where the leak is and harden. Will the 'seal-all' at Crappy tire do that?

Also like the soldering recommendation. Will try that first before I run out and buy something

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good product I can purchase that seals the inside of your average red plastic gas can. I have a specific gas can to fit my sled that has a pin hole leak in the corner

Seal All works amazing.

Top Bottom