Last Night's Wind Storm

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did anyone lose anyhting in last night's wind storm. It blew up around 10:00PM in Camrose. My BBQ almost went for a walk off of my deck.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Ya here too .My BBQ had the locks on the wheels and it moved about 3 feet ,,crazy.I hope my siding is still on my house

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya here too .My BBQ had the locks on the wheels and it moved about 3 feet ,,crazy.I hope my siding is still on my house

Mine has the locks and had 2 large blader block cement brigks beside it. The wind still had it pushed up against the deck rail! I think it is time to chain it to the garage.

randster

Reaction score
I found some of my shingles in the front yard, then my nieghbor brought a few more that he picked up in his yard. That was one nasty blow!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were ice fishing north of High Prairie when it hit us, was around 6:30 pm when all hell broke loose. Started with a downpour, like in summer kind of rain, and then the wind started. We barely got packed up, it was hard to even walk it was blowing so hard. There was even lightning, craziest thing I've seen in a while for sure....

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lost shingles off of the back porch roof,also. Lucky for me the main roof was okay, probably due to the steeper pitch. So i was reshingling today in a 30 kph wind. Sucks to be me,LOL.:rant:

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, same here in Whitecourt last night. Lightening and the power was out for 3 hours or so. Our jam night in the garage turned into an unplugged session with candles and cordless lights. Good time with too many:beer: Big headache today and the wind is still blowing hard tonight.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
o ya it hit here good to. the street lights were flickering on and off. my neighbour has his christmas tree still and set it in the front yard yesterday so he could take his truck to get fixed. next thing you know the tree was smack against the side of the house and this morning we found it in the back yard. no damage done.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lost our satelite dish! Apprently there was about 6 ice fishing shacks that gott'er from High Prarie to Slace Lake. Tree's down all over the bush. Sure wouldn't have been safe to be out riding in the bush! Winds were gusting at 100kms!

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember we had a good wind storm this past summer. My weather station had a wind anemometer mounted on my garage. The high wind speed that day registered 119 KM/H. I found it on the ground the next day. I wish I would have had it for this one.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did anyone lose anyhting in last night's wind storm. It blew up around 10:00PM in Camrose. My BBQ almost went for a walk off of my deck.

Wholey CHIT...I'm in the deep SE, in Shepard, and was home all night. I didn't get anything, and sounds like, that's good from what I'm reading. I did have some wind, but nothing like what you have had.:eek:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Hubby and I were driving home from Edmonton, in seperate vehicles just after 9 pm. Had a hard time keeping close to 100kms per hour and keeping car on road. Then the snow hit just east of the Grove and total whiteout conditions. Turned off to head north toward home and could not see where the road ended and the ditch started. Now we are only doing about 40 kms per hour. It took us about 15 minutes longer than normal to get home once we were on the country roads. I have never driven in anything that bad.

Top Bottom