Laser therapy (for stopping smoking)

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have tried everything other than Champex (worked great for a friend)

Is laser therapy, the one that they touch you with different pressure points in your ear?

Or is this something completely different?

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have tried everything other than Champex (worked great for a friend)

Is laser therapy, the one that they touch you with different pressure points in your ear?

Or is this something completely different?

You are right they touch your ear face and hand.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I quit a few yrs ago. BUT when I have a few sips I end up craving one. Therefore I practically had to give both up just to stay away from that disgusting habit! "smoking" not drinkin :)

Hope it keeps wrkn for ya John. Its a whore of a habit to kick I know!

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well all good so far have not smoked since 5:30 Friday I really don't want to smoke. Even had some drinks while watching UFC last night and did not have one. So it's working for me so far it just feels that I'm meant to be doing something lol it's a weird feeling that I can't really explain.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4th day smoke free doing well so far I don't want to smoke but the habit is the hard thing to kick.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To any of the cheapskates out there who would rather put more money towards sled trips, go
Pick up "the easy way to stop smoking" by Alan Carr. I know you're thinking a Book won't make me quit...... Just try it, it's $20 and what do you have to lose??? I know over a dozen personal success stories, this book has made its way through the work and friend circles. People who actually wanna quit, read the whole book and put to practice ALL of the "rules" quit. I slipped up the first time by breaking one of the golden rules... Year later re read it and have been smoke free since, no cravings, can still drink. I'll even let people smoke in the truck sometimes it does not bother me in the least.... If anything I pitty the smokers as I was a pack a day one myself.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good for you for deciding to quit. I was a pack-a-day smoker for 25 years.....2 or 3 packs when hitting the sauce. I tried the patch, Champix, hypnosis, etc. Sounds stupid, but what finally worked for me was wearing an elastic band around my wrist....every time I felt like a smoke, I took a breath and snapped the elastic. Almost 4 years later, i have zero cravings, a big fat belly, and the ability to breath deeply without coughing. It's a great feeling....I wish you the best of luck.

You forgot to mention the scare on your wrist from the elastic band:beer:

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quitting smoking is the hardest thing I have ever tried .... Did it once for six months..... Just came to camp with less then half a pack and I'm stuck here for 18 days so I figured its time again !!!!!

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best thing i ever did for MYSELF!!!!! yes its good for everyone around you as well but 500% better for yourself! i went to romain in oct of 2004 and we were late because we stopped for smokes lol
had two out of the pack before it all started and came out after feeling euphoric threw brand new lighter and -2 out of a full pack on curb and never looked back!! yes it was hard with the day to day routines but at the same time we didnt stop as much so we actually gained 15-20% better production on average because of it. yes drinking around smokers is difficult at first because of the standard go for a smoke and thats what you USED to do mentality! walk away, dont give in stand next to a smoker if you have to and suck in some second hand smoke, but (what I did) is dont touch the lighter, pack o smokes or hold a lit one at all!! get a whiff and move on! its tough but after two weeks it is way better, you need some degree of willpower and if you have to chant in your head every five minutes not to smoke thats no big deal either!!!! dont touch it,look at it or think too long about it. there is lots to think about spending your new fortune on! $10-15 a day call it $12.50x 30=$375 x 12=$4500 a year!!! jus sayin

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the 20 smokes for the day and did the for a week then 15/day/week and so on until I got to one a day.
That was 10 years ago. It's funny how you plan for the cravings while drinking . Talking on the phone, driving etc! Those I had no problem with as I thought about it...it was walking the dog a seeing the 80 year old grandma with 2" of ash hanging off her smoke that I went " dam I need a smoke"
Even now every once and awhile I reach for my pack of smokes.. But laugh and tell the wife. She thinks I'm retarded!
But if I can quit trust me anyone can, ya just can't lie to yourself is key!

Top Bottom