Large scale directional drilling anyone?

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha ha! Probably some of you have seen this before, it was new to me.

At first I thought boy, that guy has not being around, he is taking a picture of a directional drill coming out of the ground, what is so interesting about that. Then I thought this was a little wild, I have seen some directional drilling but not with pipe that big, and not sticking that far out of the ground, then I noticed the drilling head looked a little familiar to me. Then I noticed the drilling platform in the back ground. Obviously no one expected this result. Nice hole! HA HA! Expensive I bet. Wonder what creative things the farmer could do with that?

Does this happen often? Wonder how long they kept pumping mud down before they realized something was wrong. I see alot of it out on the ground there.

DSCN9937_.jpg

DSCN9938_.jpg

DSCN9939_.jpg

DSCN9943_.jpg

DSCN9946_.jpg

DSCN9951_.jpg

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The MWD hand should be fired on the spot!

W

woodies

likely done on purpose would be nearly impossible to screw up that bad!

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
How long you suppose they pumped lcm before the directional hand took a walk?

How long bigfoot......???? Hahahahahaha...... Frigging drilling rigs!!!!

W

woodies

where was this?how deep at kick off?down here we start around 1000 meters min.and finish at 1300 or 1400 m so no way to get to surface!and you only hit 90 degrees these guys would have to have been drilling for a long ways to hit surface!like 2800 meters NO WAY!

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty big Dir Rig, uses same drill pipe!

Attachments

• DirRig.jpg
    DirRig.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 33
  • DirRig2.jpg
    DirRig2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 35

gusto

Reaction score
where was this?how deep at kick off?down here we start around 1000 meters min.and finish at 1300 or 1400 m so no way to get to surface!and you only hit 90 degrees these guys would have to have been drilling for a long ways to hit surface!like 2800 meters NO WAY!

No need for wire line..:d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ha ha! Probably some of you have seen this before, it was new to me.

At first I thought boy, that guy has not being around, he is taking a picture of a directional drill coming out of the ground, what is so interesting about that. Then I thought this was a little wild, I have seen some directional drilling but not with pipe that big, and not sticking that far out of the ground, then I noticed the drilling head looked a little familiar to me. Then I noticed the drilling platform in the back ground. Obviously no one expected this result. Nice hole! HA HA! Expensive I bet. Wonder what creative things the farmer could do with that?

Does this happen often? Wonder how long they kept pumping mud down before they realized something was wrong. I see alot of it out on the ground there.
QUOTE]

WHERE WAS THIS??? THAT IS INCREDIBLE.... GOTTA BE A MILE??

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats interesting is it looks like their wearing PetroCanada coats, and with PetCan being safety nazi's and these guys not wearing proper PPE, these photo could be used for blackmail,,, if one was so inclined.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes but thechnically speaking if their near the drill and still representing the company their still "ON SITE":nono:

Top Bottom