Lakeland Provincial Park

1968GTCONV

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just looking at some areas that would be good for one week holiday and came across the area of lakeland provincial park near lac la biche. Anyone ridden out there? what kind of trails and terrain? is there any areas for remote camping where you can ride right from the site to the trails for 4 RV's (group)? Thanks for your help

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just looking at some areas that would be good for one week holiday and came across the area of lakeland provincial park near lac la biche. Anyone ridden out there? what kind of trails and terrain? is there any areas for remote camping where you can ride right from the site to the trails for 4 RV's (group)? Thanks for your help

tons of area's , touchwood is good , lots of riding , you can remote camp or stay right at touchwood lake , or go north on the old forestry road just west of hwy 881 , get up about 40 km and wicked camping / riding , check out on a map and let me know which way your leaning and will get you better directions

jofstie

Reaction score
Camped up at touchwood lake in the lakeland provincal park. Went quadding with the wife and my son (10). Trails were pretty tame heading south, with a lot of log bridges over some of the mud holes. It was a nice trail to take the kids on. You can't quad out of the campground, however there is a staging area just 1 Km away with the trail right across the road. As well, there is another staging area just north of the lake with more challenging trails.
There are maps available online for the whole area as well.

1968GTCONV

Reaction score
Thanks. Shrek we would likely be coming up 36 to lac la biche. we like the remote camping where you can ride ride from the spot w/o staging. Could you give us more details on the directions to the spots you refered to, that would be much appreciated. There would be 4 families heading up

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Shrek we would likely be coming up 36 to lac la biche. we like the remote camping where you can ride ride from the spot w/o staging. Could you give us more details on the directions to the spots you refered to, that would be much appreciated. There would be 4 families heading up

Do you have a Garmin GPS and any of their MapSource Software in/on your computer?? or if you would like to PM me your email address I can send you some pics of an area that you can camp in a group, it is further South and East, East of Fork Lake. Outside the Provincial Park area. and all the mud/musk.
Bruce

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

when are you heading up

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here's a little info

-if you head up to touchwood , go past the campsite towards the fire tower you will follow the road and will go around a gental corner to the right , the road will get a little rutty , nothing major and will also get a little sandy and will be a fairly good hill , get about 3/4 of the way up the hill and on the left side of the road there is a cut line with a good size clearing to park your hole group , easy to spot , popular for hunting camp , if you miss it , but you won't you will end up at the tower , go past the tower and you will hit the end of the road , if you look east there is a cut line that will take you straight to the primrose bombing range , you take a right at the t it will take you to spencer lake , it a muddy ride . but tons of area's to ride up there , on your way up you will see markings to jackson lake , nice hi grade quad trail to take you to the lake , easy ride ,

another option

take the same hi way out of la biche and don't take the touchwood lake turn off , pass the 881 turn off , go to the old forestry road turn off , just a few km past 881 , don't know how well its marked turn right follow up can't remember how many km's i'm guessing about 15-20 km , watch to the left and it's right on a corner and it's a fairly big clearing , you will see evedience of previous camping , there should still be a sign , hand made on plywood and its called the blackbird trail , camp just off the road , road should not be to busy ,good quadding , really good trail right there taking you back to a little lake , hunters cabin , day's of dryer style riding , but still lots of places to venture out and get some good stucks in , this sound a little harder to find but don't shy away , you can't go wrong . lots of places to pull in and set up camp you just don't want to be trying to find late in the day , leave yourself some time to find a good place , sandy country up that way

another

chump lake just east of boyle , between boyle and la biche , lots of random camping 5 min off hiway , and tons of ridding , from chump you gan go any direction and find a large range of riding , little more populated here , you would take the chump lake turn off just before caslan , follow up it will change from a ashphalt road to gravel , follow about 2 km and take your first right , follow up and you will come to a y , take a right and follow to the top of a big hill pretty much end of the road , camp there , or at the y turn left and for the next couple of km pick your spot lots of spots for groups , big spot right at the y as well just a little more in the open and you get all the camping traffic there , trails pretty much go right through your campsite

so to wrap up all i can say welcome to gods country , tons of spots in between my suggestions , they were just my fav's before i quite random camping , just pm me if you want more info , will be away this week to grande prairie at oilfield show , will be back friday , will try to check my pm's then , good luck

Top Bottom