KYB or HPG

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know which shock is better. The HPG that comes on the SP model. Or the KYB that comes with the S36 front end kit?
2y7a2a9a.jpg
uvu9uqe3.jpg

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The KYB's that come on the Summit X's are supposed to be the better shock. You can tear them down, revalve and rebuild them whereas the HPG's on the SP's you cannot.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Maxwell and MK4TDI. I think I just figured that out by looking at pics on "Lets see your XM". The KYB's were the X package shock. Still new to this whole DOO thing.
LOL!! I put the Shocks from my last years XM with 1400km on the old XP with the new S36 kit and the new shocks that came with the kit on last years XM SP.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah if you ever bend one side you might as well buy the kit. Both A-arms shocks tie rods etc. then you have spares and cheaper than individual

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^ I think that's what I might be doing. Replaced a lower a-arm last year, and have a slight bend in an upper, so why not order the whole kit at some point.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same as the 2011and up front end geometry. (I think year is correct). To top it off you need the new spindle and ski combination. Both S-36 and ski/spindle are sold as complete kits from Doo.

Top Bottom