ktm 250 sxf hard to start!

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it have a primer lever like the Brute Force quads, in other words, move the lever to help with cold weather starting or long sit intervals.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can get it to start now but if I leave it to idle for like 10 seconds it will die.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it used, or a leftover new bike. If it's new, the KTM's come with super tight engines at the start. You'll get a ton of metal filings in your first oil change. After a few rides, the engine loosens up and it seems like a different bike.
It could be your fuel screw is out a bit.
If you go on KTMtalk forum, someone can probably tell you all you need to know.

hamwallet

Reaction score
adjust the throttle a little. try turning it up. My yz250 dies after idleing for too long as well, so I just turn up the throttle a little untill she warms up.

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now the only thing is when I stall it its a b!@#$ to start, typical for a 250f. the only thing it needs now is some new rubber just to be safe :rolleyes: ;)

i dunno my 250f is easy as hell to start cold or hot doesnt matter, but when the valves need adjusting it gets to be a pain in the ass or more realistically my leg haha, so what did you do with the manual to fix the problem?

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
#1 I cleand out the carb #2 cleand the air filter #3 ajusted the air screw. its not perfect but its getting there.

Top Bottom